Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

starting the search

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  a_jacksonzx1100 
#1 ·
I am starting the search for a zx12. I was wondering if anybody knows of one around phoenix for sale. What should I look for on one if there are any problems specific to that model or years I should be looking for.

#4 ·
About the same hp if not more and lighter=more awesome

Actually looks like a good bike. Good luck, or just get a 10. How much are you looking to spend?

#6 ·
4k will not find you a 10, trust me. There are a few questions you need to ask yourself about that deicision:

-What am i buying it for?
-What type of riding do i do?
-What body type was this bike desgined for?
-Is power or handling more exciting to me?

a 12R with full exhaust and a PC will spank a 10 on the top end of things unless it's a brand new 10R and even then it's going to be a rider's race. 12R i looked at came with a 187whp dyno sheet. The 12R was designed to be a sport-tourer, just like a 14R or a Busa but not quite as massive.

The ZX10 is a race bike, no way around it. The bike belongs on the track, same as my ZX6R, the bikes aren't happy unless they're living above 10k. If you're a weekend warrior and like to get out and do a lot of miles on your rides, get a 12R. they are awesome bikes for long distance rides but still look sporty and when you crank that throttle, it's like warp speed. Insanity.

#8 ·
I think I have the coolant leak fixed and I'm not planning on getting rid of it just wanna add another bike to the stable.
4k will not find you a 10, trust me. There are a few questions you need to ask yourself about that deicision:

-What am i buying it for?
-What type of riding do i do?
-What body type was this bike desgined for?
-Is power or handling more exciting to me?

a 12R with full exhaust and a PC will spank a 10 on the top end of things unless it's a brand new 10R and even then it's going to be a rider's race. 12R i looked at came with a 187whp dyno sheet. The 12R was designed to be a sport-tourer, just like a 14R or a Busa but not quite as massive.

The ZX10 is a race bike, no way around it. The bike belongs on the track, same as my ZX6R, the bikes aren't happy unless they're living above 10k. If you're a weekend warrior and like to get out and do a lot of miles on your rides, get a 12R. they are awesome bikes for long distance rides but still look sporty and when you crank that throttle, it's like warp speed. Insanity.
I ride everyday and everywhere and I thought the 12 would be big enough to be comfortable and not real aggressive riding posture.

#9 · (Edited)
I'm trying to find one for about 4000 I'm a fan of how the 12 looks if I cant find one ill look for a 10
Thats why they are so hard to find. Their owners DO NOT want to sell them and there is a REASON for that.....

Ultimate Sport Tourer or Ultimate crotch rocket.... If you have a grrl fren, she will like the Ultimate Sport Tourer better.... and anyway, who really can run a 10R @ 8-9/10s of its performance level & isnt lying? :evil:smile

If I didnt buy my ZX11, I would have bought a 12R in a heart beat... Everything the ZX11 is and, MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

#13 · (Edited)
I understand... its a matter of taste and wants....

2012 Cadillac STS vs a 67 DeVille...

Personally Id take the 67 Deville any day of the week....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.