Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting the search for a zx12. I was wondering if anybody knows of one around phoenix for sale. What should I look for on one if there are any problems specific to that model or years I should be looking for.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
I am starting the search for a zx12. I was wondering if anybody knows of one around phoenix for sale. What should I look for on one if there are any problems specific to that model or years I should be looking for.
I would look for one with a 0 instead of 2 at the end of the name.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
About the same hp if not more and lighter=more awesome

Actually looks like a good bike. Good luck, or just get a 10. How much are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm trying to find one for about 4000 I'm a fan of how the 12 looks if I cant find one ill loo for a 10
4k will not find you a 10, trust me. There are a few questions you need to ask yourself about that deicision:

-What am i buying it for?
-What type of riding do i do?
-What body type was this bike desgined for?
-Is power or handling more exciting to me?

a 12R with full exhaust and a PC will spank a 10 on the top end of things unless it's a brand new 10R and even then it's going to be a rider's race. 12R i looked at came with a 187whp dyno sheet. The 12R was designed to be a sport-tourer, just like a 14R or a Busa but not quite as massive.

The ZX10 is a race bike, no way around it. The bike belongs on the track, same as my ZX6R, the bikes aren't happy unless they're living above 10k. If you're a weekend warrior and like to get out and do a lot of miles on your rides, get a 12R. they are awesome bikes for long distance rides but still look sporty and when you crank that throttle, it's like warp speed. Insanity.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
What's wrong with your bike... besides the coolant leak

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's wrong with your bike... besides the coolant leak
I think I have the coolant leak fixed and I'm not planning on getting rid of it just wanna add another bike to the stable.
4k will not find you a 10, trust me. There are a few questions you need to ask yourself about that deicision:

-What am i buying it for?
-What type of riding do i do?
-What body type was this bike desgined for?
-Is power or handling more exciting to me?

a 12R with full exhaust and a PC will spank a 10 on the top end of things unless it's a brand new 10R and even then it's going to be a rider's race. 12R i looked at came with a 187whp dyno sheet. The 12R was designed to be a sport-tourer, just like a 14R or a Busa but not quite as massive.

The ZX10 is a race bike, no way around it. The bike belongs on the track, same as my ZX6R, the bikes aren't happy unless they're living above 10k. If you're a weekend warrior and like to get out and do a lot of miles on your rides, get a 12R. they are awesome bikes for long distance rides but still look sporty and when you crank that throttle, it's like warp speed. Insanity.
I ride everyday and everywhere and I thought the 12 would be big enough to be comfortable and not real aggressive riding posture.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I'm trying to find one for about 4000 I'm a fan of how the 12 looks if I cant find one ill look for a 10
Thats why they are so hard to find. Their owners DO NOT want to sell them and there is a REASON for that.....

Ultimate Sport Tourer or Ultimate crotch rocket.... If you have a grrl fren, she will like the Ultimate Sport Tourer better.... and anyway, who really can run a 10R @ 8-9/10s of its performance level & isnt lying? :evil:smile

If I didnt buy my ZX11, I would have bought a 12R in a heart beat... Everything the ZX11 is and, MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats why they are so hard to find. Their owners DO NOT want to sell them and there is a REASON for that.....

Ultimate Sport Tourer or Ultimate crotch rocket.... If you have a grrl fren, she will like the Ultimate Sport Tourer better.... and anyway, who really can run a 10R @ 8-9/10s of its performance level & isnt lying? :evil:smile

If I didnt buy my ZX11, I would have bought a 12R in a heart beat... Everything the ZX11 is and, MORE, MORE, MORE!!!
i had a zx11 and loved it i just wanted something a little more modren looking

·
Registered
109 Posts
thats why they are so hard to find. Their owners do not want to sell them and there is a reason for that.....

Ultimate sport tourer or ultimate crotch rocket.... If you have a grrl fren, she will like the ultimate sport tourer better.... And anyway, who really can run a 10r @ 8-9/10s of its performance level & isnt lying? :evil:smile

if i didnt buy my zx11, i would have bought a 12r in a heart beat... Everything the zx11 is and, more, more, more!!!
agreed!

·
18,914 Posts
So did you find d one yet? Post up when you do , I might even help you brake it in:crazyloco

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
i had a zx11 and loved it i just wanted something a little more modren looking
I understand... its a matter of taste and wants....

2012 Cadillac STS vs a 67 DeVille...

Personally Id take the 67 Deville any day of the week....

·
Registered
109 Posts
You must be older than me because I consider those cars both hideous. haha. good luck in the search OP.

·
18,914 Posts
well i have to put my search on hold i lost my job today so no money
That sucks J , you gotta get working soon so you can go on the next zxf ride :crazyloco. Good luck on the job search , I hope all goes well .

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
well i have to put my search on hold i lost my job today so no money
That sucks brother and I was there 3 1/2 years ago. Have faith, you will find another job. Hopefully it's a better paying job and you land in a better spot than you were in yesterday.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'd drive the 2012. Totally sweet ride.darn youngsters can't appreciate cruising in class.lol.
class is in the eye of the beholder. and my eyes have been averted from above to this, my version of class:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts