Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So it turns out, no clock lights, most common cause is the Starter Solenoid Relay Fuse has blown. Clean the terminals, rule out all fuses and battery as the fault. If that isn.t the problem, it is either a wire earthing and broken or disconnected, or it is the ignition switch in the key barrel.

The Starter Solenoid has a 30amp green fuse, almost always. Here is what mine looked like, not quite broken but still enough to stop the dash lights from turning on and the bike from turning over.
I hope this has solved it for you.

Green Finger Gemstone Hand Fashion accessory

·
Registered
1 Posts
Save me trawling through the above post's start from the Beginning and let us know exactly what the problem is.

Also:
Year of your Motorcycle and how many Miles has the Bike done ?
2014 ZX 1000 M having the same type of problems it starts perfect every day and rides I can go a few places and then when I go to get on it it will all light up but when I Press the start button it won’t start I will have to jumpstart it and get it home and the next day it will start a perfect again any ideas
Save me trawling through the above post's start from the Beginning and let us know exactly what the problem is.

Also:
Year of your Motorcycle and how many Miles has the Bike done ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 ZX 1000 M having the same type of problems it starts perfect every day and rides I can go a few places and then when I go to get on it it will all light up but when I Press the start button it won’t start I will have to jumpstart it and get it home and the next day it will start a perfect again any ideas
Starter Relay

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,875 Posts
I just had my stator and rectifier fail recently. Similar symptoms. Although, I had an additional symptom of a loud whining noise. Loud whining/whirling noise = failed/failing stator. You can't mistake the noise for anything else. Unless you're bike has a supercharger on it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts