Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need major help, i just bought a wrecked 94 ZX9 and was wondering how if i can start the motor without the kickstand hooked up and the clutch is gone and the button that you use to actually start the bike is gone can anyone help me out please:banghead

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ouch, I don't know about doing it with no clutch... Is just the lever gone or the whole clutch????? Only gotta worry about the kickstand if the bike is in gear.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Agree with TMP as long as you don't have it in gear the kickstand switch will not stop it starting.

I assume you mean the clutch has gone so you cannot bump start it :squint

The starter button activates the solenoid circuit, so I guess a temporary wire could be used to activate it (do you have a wiring diagram for it?) or if you don't mind sparks flying, short out the main terminals on the solenoid with a piece of battery lead to turn over the starter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the advise i know its a tricky 1 but i figured this would be the best place to get info, Thanks alot and ill let you know how it works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.