Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wondering, for the guys that are pulling stand up wheelies on there 6's are you doing them on the rear set's or are you like me and putting the left foot on the passenger peg? for some reason i can't get them to come up when im on the sets but when i put my left foot on the passenger peg and give it a bounce up up and away?????????

·
Registered
28 Posts
do you guys clutch it or powerband? because i have a 06 zx6r and everyone knows the come with facotry slipper clutch. i can clutch it in 1st and it will come up but wen i try to clutch it in 2nd, the clutch just slips and the front wont come up.

im installing +1 in the front hoping it will make it easier

·
Registered
51 Posts
do you guys clutch it or powerband? because i have a 06 zx6r and everyone knows the come with facotry slipper clutch. i can clutch it in 1st and it will come up but wen i try to clutch it in 2nd, the clutch just slips and the front wont come up.

im installing +1 in the front hoping it will make it easier
slipper clutch only works in the reverse direction. not forward.

is your clutch really worn out or do you need more practice?

i have friends who clutch up 3rd on f4i's with stock gearing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
doininup, I had a problem getting it up in 2nd too. Theres a little trick I learned. Get up to speed around 35 to 45mph, take ONLY your pointer finger and place on the clutch lever all the way to the left, and you just want to flick it. you really dont need much. with some throttle it should come up. Good luck... RIDE SAFE.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
i can bounce up 2nd, stock bike.

i now have -1 in the front even easier.

i weight 230lbs so its not like im light, it just takes time to learn sometimes.

clutching up 2nd is easier than bouncing, bouncing is nice some days too hahah.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Keep this ratio in mind...

-1 in the front = +3 in the rear

...and clutching scares the crap out of me... roll ons seem much easier to control, but everyone has what they feel more comfortable with.

I have friends that are masters at wheelies that only roll on and will never clutch...

And a few that clutch up everytime.

It's preference.... but I would suggest rolling on to start... too much clutch/throttle can be dangerous.

Ride safe and wear your gear...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts