Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 ZX7 L3 and I am trying to locate stainless headers that will bolt up to my D&D slip on. I plan to have my carbs rebuilt next week and thought it might be the ideal time to put a new header on. I have not had much luck searching online for one.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
ZX7 91-2003
ZX9 94-97

Josh

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
you can find muzzy headers occasionally on ebay, but i have not found headers and/or a midpipe, only full systems. you will probably have to find a place to custom make and bend a midpipe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The company your looking for is called Motad. They make a 3 bolt flange, stainless exhaust. I have a brand new one sitting on the shelf. The sell for $540. Make me an offer or a trade?...
-Thomas

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The company your looking for is called Motad. They make a 3 bolt flange, stainless exhaust. I have a brand new one sitting on the shelf. The sell for $540. Make me an offer or a trade?...
-Thomas
Is this located in the states? I noticed the site is UK. I dont want to deal with overseas shipping.

Do you guys know if the stock exhaust has any catalytic converter built into it? I replaced the stock muffler with a D&D variety.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
@1badzx7r. That header would not fit a 99 9r right? Thought I ask.

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

·
6,898 Posts
Is this located in the states? I noticed the site is UK. I dont want to deal with overseas shipping.

Do you guys know if the stock exhaust has any catalytic converter built into it? I replaced the stock muffler with a D&D variety.
Do you have a bolt on or slip on D&D? You first post said you need a pipe to bolt on your slip on. Bolt on cans are only for stock pipes. Slip on cans cannot connect to stock pipes without modifying the stock pipe to fit (usually very ugly when I have seen this mod).

·
Registered
65 Posts

Yes, the header that I'm selling is in Michigan. It's originally from the UK. Also it's brand new.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have a bolt on or slip on D&D? You first post said you need a pipe to bolt on your slip on. Bolt on cans are only for stock pipes. Slip on cans cannot connect to stock pipes without modifying the stock pipe to fit (usually very ugly when I have seen this mod).
I have a bolt on D&D. I guess I just referred to this as a slip on being that its not a full system. I notice Muzzy makes a full system for the bike however I'd really like to retain my D&D muffler. I really enjoy the sound it makes. Ideally I'd like to find a header that allows the use of it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Motad brand stainless header with a 3 bolt flange. It's hand made and very nice. Its polished like chrome. No junk. I can text you a pic of it of you like.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
What do I need to measure? The exhaust ports are 1 5/16. Is there enough space between pipe 1&2 for the oil filter but far enough from the radiator/fan?

·
Registered
843 Posts
What do I need to measure? The exhaust ports are 1 5/16. Is there enough space between pipe 1&2 for the oil filter but far enough from the radiator/fan?

yes ill pm you the ebay link theres 30mins left

·
6,898 Posts
99 takes a totally different header. Completely different shape even if the diameter is the same. 99 has a very different shape swingarm.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
99 takes a totally different header. Completely different shape even if the diameter is the same. 99 has a very different shape swingarm.
So, a 2002 9r header and mid pipe will not work? If it was made to fit into the head?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I think the issue has more to do with the ZX7 and 94-97 ZX9 header will not clear the oil filter and then the outlet isn't in the right location to clear the swingarm.

It seems the 98-99 and 00-01 are somewhat interchangeable.

Josh

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
I do know that the 2002 header is very close if not exact bend as my 99 header. I started a thread on porting and polishing my head and port the exhaust ports to fit my header.
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62670

Port and polishing 99 9r head good or bad idea?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts