Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guys who have SS Brake Lines, are you still using the OEM link (resovior to master cylinder hose) and OEM splitter? Or do you have both brake lines directly off the master cylinder, eliminating the splitter? If so, is there any additional hardward so both brake lines fit on the MC? Also, is your link hose (resovior to master cylinder) rubber or SS?

(I kinda jumped ahead of myself :runaway and ordered without asking questions. I got the 'Core' SS brakes from nicecycle. They only send 2 lines by default but you can ask for additional lines to accomodate an OEM setup but I havent heard back yet)

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
all bikes do it differently. I know mine oem was line to the caliper, then a jumper to the other caliper. but my SS ones go both up to the master cylinder. that's probably what they do (if they're long enough)

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I know on my 96 7R, the SS lines go directly to each caliper separately. The kit I bought (Galfer) came with the longer banjo bolt and extra washers to accept both lines to the master.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, from reading your replies I'm able to gather from the manufacturers site they do supply a banjo bolt so both lines fit at the mc.

All Core Moto brake line kits include stainless steel fittings, stainless steel ferrules, stainless steel Teflon� hose, stainless steel banjo bolts, and copper washers (NOT ALUMINUM) to offer you a complete replacement . Core Moto kits also come with a lifetime warranty, and Core Moto stickers.
^that meant nothing to me until I read your replies, thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts