Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i changed out the sprocket and chain on the ZX10. I went with a renthal front 16t and a rear driven 41t sprocket. I do not like it at all! This is to much power on this bike and with the race map i am running this bike is ridiculous dangerous. This bike will wheelie with just a crack of the wrist in 2nd gear now. I took it for a test ride up the street and back and at any time in 1st gear i can WOT the throttle and spin the tire all the way up the street:scared.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
This bike will wheelie with just a crack of the wrist in 2nd gear now. I took it for a test ride up the street and back and at any time in 1st gear i can WOT the throttle and spin the tire all the way up the street.
My tricked out CB1100F could do throttle 2cd gear wheelies, but no 1st burnouts on WOT. Maybe I needed to loose some weight...:crackup

A 10r with stock gearing is already insane anyway...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the stock gearing actually. But the PO had given me some free sprockets.............And his wife was frantically looking for every little scrap of that machine so she could get it outta there when i bought it.:rotflmao:rotflmao

My 10's chain was at 14k??? And it was looking terrible. I had cleaned and adjusted it less than 500 miles ago and it was sloppy as hell again. So i thought i have sprockets why not try it out! I got a new chain and installed and riveted by myself with my new chain tool. It changes the rpm range quite a bit and puts you right in the power band area with crazy gearing! Im Going to put on a new rear michelin power 1 to see whats going on. I have a michelin road 2ct and it is worn 2/3 but has plenty of tread. But i decided right after i put that tire on the bike that i did not like it. It is easy to spin, And now it's way to easy to spin it up. But im getting used to the power. And it growing on me now.:eek:hno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts