Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the best set up for draging i was thinking -1 in front and +2 in back or just trying -1 in front and seeing how that works any help would be sweet thanks

·
11,782 Posts
If you're still planning on running it on the street -1,+2 would be a decent swap. But if you didn't want to go that extreme, I went +3 out back (which is like -1 in front) and it's pretty nice and still VERY streetable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I'm thinking of buying a new rear sprocket for the 2005 ZX-10R dragbike. Vortex has an internet sale on until the end of the month so I'm thinking of buying one now and putting it on over the winter. Anybody have a fairly stock engine running a M/T 7" slick and bars? I still can't be the only one?! Just curious what your gearing is, since mine is only in 4th gear at the end of the 1/4 (here at 4200ft). Right now I'm running 16/45 and the front isn't going to come off easily...lol

·
Registered
820 Posts
I still haven't put mine on the track, but I have friends who do. A buddy with a busa has a -1/+2 setup and he clears the quarter mile in 4th gear at 9.4 +/-. I think he should be +4 or +5 in the rear cause he's leaving two full gears behind.

I am going to run with -1/+2, but if I'm in 4th gear going across the line, I'll make the rear sprocket bigger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi guy

my zx7 gearing is stock and can't seem to find -1/+2
Set up in Zim or south Africa so have decided to go -2 on the front

leave the rear stock.

Watt do you guys think

·
Premium Member
6,410 Posts
hi guy

my zx7 gearing is stock and can't seem to find -1/+2
Set up in Zim or south Africa so have decided to go -2 on the front

leave the rear stock.

Watt do you guys think
If that means you will be running a 14 tooth front sprocket then don't do it. The chain will drag across the top of the swingarm way too much. Do not go smaller than a 15 tooth front sprocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts