Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Up 3 teeth in the back and down 1 tooth in the front is usually the norm. I dont usually mess w/the stock set up. Its a pain getting your speedo set up right and highway driving adds almost a grand to your tach.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Up 3 teeth in the back and down 1 tooth in the front is usually the norm. I dont usually mess w/the stock set up. Its a pain getting your speedo set up right and highway driving adds almost a grand to your tach.

speedos are usualy off about 5% from the factory anyways. so a speedo healer would fix the problem with or with out changing the sprockets. i have a 2005 636 and i went down one in front and 2 up in rear and added a speedo healer and now my speedo is dead on and odometer reads perfect. and like he said it will add rpm, i do run about 8000 rpm doing 75 mph.

·
Registered
23 Posts
speedos are usualy off about 5% from the factory anyways. so a speedo healer would fix the problem with or with out changing the sprockets. i have a 2005 636 and i went down one in front and 2 up in rear and added a speedo healer and now my speedo is dead on and odometer reads perfect. and like he said it will add rpm, i do run about 8000 rpm doing 75 mph.

i have an 07 zx6r........
if i went down 1 in front and up 3 in back,,what do you think my top speed will be??

·
Registered
47 Posts
i just ordered my parts and i just went down 1 in the front. going down 1 in the front is supposed to be about like added 3 in the rear. i have also heard by dropping 1 in the front you will loose about 8mph in top speed. i usually drive at about 75 or 80 so i couldnt see cruising around at 8000 rpms being good for the bike and i drive mine every day. hopefully i will have my parts installed either saturday or monday. i will let you know how it is as soon as i can but everyone i talked to around here including all the people at the dealers said that going down 1 in the front and up 2 in the rear would be a bad idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts