Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, me and a buddy taught the first Air Force sport bike course on our base today. Being our first class, we stumbled a little on suspension setup, but we got it done. Nobody dropped their bike, either so that's a good thing. We had our hands full with our 10 students. Three were racers, and one was an MSF instructor. I talked to one student a few days ago and he said he had a 1983 Honda Nighthawk S and he wanted the course to be a better rider. I had one opening, so I let him in. It turned out to be an old Nighthawk 650 (standard). He became one of the best at maneuvering his bike around the twisties. It was a hard day on his poor bike since it was air cooled. But MAN was he flicking that bike around corners! By the end of the day he and all the others got the instruction they signed up for and are a lot better riders now.

Next class is in a week. 3 students are females! :eek:hno

·
Registered
532 Posts
Next class is in a week. 3 students are females! :eek:hno
How many kids you got already???????:rotflmao :rotflmao

Joking man! Good job on the instruction! As a flying instructor, I can remember how scary and tensfull your first class can be!!

I am sure you will excell at it!! Good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
What is this "Sportbike Course"? I am an MSF instructor and I have not yet heard about it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is this "Sportbike Course"? I am an MSF instructor and I have not yet heard about it.
It's a new Air Force program to promote safe handling of sport bikes since most motorcycle accidents relate to sport bikes. It's totally disconnected from MSF, but builds onto those courses.

Here are some pictures:

I'm gearing up to show these students a thing or two on my "freight train."
Yes, that's the Air Force emblem on my tank.

My fellow instructor Carlos demonstrating carving a corner on his GSX-R 1000

This is the guy on the Nighthawk. He was hitting the corners like a pro by the end of the day! He ended up as one of the best riders we had. It was hilarious watching him throw that machine around the corners. :lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hmm... interesting. The Nighthawk guy has a decent head turn. I'm off right now to do a MSF/BRC for 10 folks most of whom have never ridden before. they get a little surprised when I come in on an 11 as I look more like a Gold WIng or Ultra Glide type of guy. Good Luck. Jay

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Class #2 done today. It went REALLY good. Nobody failed, but one of the females (riding an R6) was VERY nervous of any corner. She left at lunchtime and said she wasn't coming back. She only had about 4 months riding experience. Sadly, she probably needed the training more than the other students. She might be back later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts