Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This photo was taken in Wildwood CA. which is on Hiway 36 in northern Cali.
We were tent camping on the trip,each bike was carrying a tent and sleeping bag along with clothes, etc.

The big yellow bag on Doug's bike, I swear to God he had everything in there except the kitchen sink!

This trip was a 2 weeker, which wasn't long enough as there were many roads we were unable to ride. We traveled a bit over 4000 miles and also attended the 2003 WSB at Laguna for 3 days .

The day this photo was taken, we rode for 8 hours or so and only managed to progress south a distance of 40 or so miles, but we traveled about 400!
This trip to Wildwood for breakfast was 92 miles one way, on one of, if not the best motorcycle roads every built. There isnt a 1/4 mile straight section in over 75 miles of that distance (each way). Most corners are posted at 45 or lower. Traffic is almost none existant:) Heaven on 2 wheels :mrgreen:

The next day we headed out to the Lost Coast Hiway.
That was a slower pace but a really great riding day.

A little traveled road that basically goes to nowhere and back,LOL. Here is a picture of my riding partners enjoying a photo op with the Pacific ocean behind them.

To me, motorcycle camping/moteling/staying at friends houses along the way- sport touring- is the true essence of motorcyling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recognize that BLACK 12 with the turn signals in the headlights.:grin That black bike rode in hella SNOW and rain through out the BH03 rally.:clap
The rider was fuck'in nuts!!!:king Much:cheers until:drunk after the day's ride.

Nothing like loading your bike up and touring for a couple of weeks!!!Great shot of the loaded 12's!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sound's like you guys' had a blast!!!! It would be pretty cool to go down and get to accaully ride some of these roads that everyone's talking about!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quickwilly said:
hey OZZ

what kind of saddle bags where you guys using??

Cali has some of the best bike roads anywhere
Nano, Doug and Dino had Eclipse, mine are Oxford. My bags hold 2-3 times what theirs will.

You are right about Northern Cali roads.
How does Deals Gap compare to Hiway 36?

·
registered member
523 Posts
go to the gap the week of may 7th and find out!! Bikeland and Org will be there that week!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ozzy said:
Nano, Doug and Dino had Eclipse, mine are Oxford. My bags hold 2-3 times what theirs will.

You are right about Northern Cali roads.
How does Deals Gap compare to Hiway 36?

From my experience Hiway 36 is like a combo of the Cheraholla and the dragon itself

Some tight stuff intertwined with long sweepers.

But I think the overall road surface at the Gap is better than Cali roads :wink :wink :wink

Anywhere where there are Mountains, your bound to have a good time anyway. :wink :wink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts