Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum hope someone can help me, bought a 1993 zx1100 on my-bay, got it here finally. I am impressed that it starts and runs, but it leaks fuel out of the front air induct tubes under the headlight. Seller posted carb work recently done and it leaked under a bowl but this is James Bond flame throwing out of the front. I think stuck float manual is on the way before I do anything, any help from anyone would be MUCH appreciated. Bought this bike to restore it, 24k on her needs paint and some minor cosmetic work {mirrors, front turn signals, seat } cannot wait to bring her back, THANKS for any help with this TAS...

· Premium Member
550 Posts
Firstly welcome to ZXF. Do you know if you have a C or D series. Either way there is a long way for the fuel to go to get out the front. I would think there must be some hose connected worng

· Registered
3,929 Posts
Start taking her about....... Remove the carbs and go over EVERYTHING that "Mr. Mechanic" PO did to them... I personally find it hard to believe that the bike runs with fuel spitting out the induction tubes.

It should be a D model, since the C had a SINGLE ram air tube...

Welcome aboard, but i have to ask... So please forgive me. WTF is up with Gingrinch winning your State anyway???

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for looking at my problem it is a d model and it started up right away when I figured the clutch safety thing out it serouysley is putting fuel out of the intake in front and under the headlight come on little mechanical help . got the new windschield today getting ready to breack her apart to paint ,do I need to take this to a dealear for the carbs or is it fixable here thanks TAS..

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have not checked the hose routing yet he has some blocked off with screws on the back side of the bike towards the seat. waiting for the clymer manual to check houw it is supposed to be thanks guys.. DID NOT HAVE TIME TO VOTE FOR ANY DUMA>>es gotta get a bike ready for summer runs TAS...

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finally got time to pull the carbs today, guys I am shocked I guess mr mec in P.A. didn't have $48 for gaskets so he just PACKED grey gasket silicone on the bowls, the float are all hung up and can't friggin move at all, just ordered new gaskets should have them Wed. floats don't move so gas will run up and out of the intake tube thus the James Bond flame thrower if you all want to try? NOT.. DO IT RITE OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL...THANKS for your help guys keep the on two wheels TAS...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.