Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx man!

That's exactly what I picked up yesterday. Lame part is, when I was taking the front wheel off I looked closed at the axle and it appeared to need a hex key to take off one side or both. So I called a local kwak dealer and local cyclegear store to see if they had this "hex key." Neither of them knew what I was talking about.

I took one more look at the axle to see if I was the one on crack...nope! Upon closer examination there was definitely a threaded section on one side. Stopped by cyclegear and found the hex key, showed the kid working behind the counter and he was like...ohhhh.

I really expected more out of the kwak dealership though. :rolleyes

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thx man!

That's exactly what I picked up yesterday. Lame part is, when I was taking the front wheel off I looked closed at the axle and it appeared to need a hex key to take off one side or both. So I called a local kwak dealer and local cyclegear store to see if they had this "hex key." Neither of them knew what I was talking about.

I took one more look at the axle to see if I was the one on crack...nope! Upon closer examination there was definitely a threaded section on one side. Stopped by cyclegear and found the hex key, showed the kid working behind the counter and he was like...ohhhh.

I really expected more out of the kwak dealership though. :rolleyes
Don't expect much out of people who work at a Cyclegear other than that they know what a motorcycle is. Kind of like Best Buy employees.

What dealership did you go to? You're in So Cal, I have to recommend Advanced Kawasaki in Buena Park, they rock.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't expect much out of people who work at a Cyclegear other than that they know what a motorcycle is. Kind of like Best Buy employees.

What dealership did you go to? You're in So Cal, I have to recommend Advanced Kawasaki in Buena Park, they rock.
I called Simi Valley Kawasaki. I won't use Saugus Suzuki (don't trust 'em) even though they're local to me.

I've heard good things about them (Advanced Kawi) also, but I'm in Santa Clarita...long haul for basic service. :-\

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about my bike so that I can do most if not all the maintenance and tweaking myself.

reckon I should purchase the service manual.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I got the same scoop when I first started calling around for the axle tool. No one at the local dealerships seemed interested in helping me out... they just said they didn't know what I was talking about. ASSHOLES!!!!! Then I called Performance Motorcycle (on S. Broadway, Denver, CO) and they helped me right away. They don't sell bikes, just everyhting else!!!!!!! They have always had the best service and always treat me right. WTF is up with dealerships hirering dumbass that don't know shit about bikes?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts