Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I can honestly say I did not peruse the forum for an answer being that I am limited on my internet time. So here it is; I changed my front sprocket on my 2000 ZX12 down one to a 17 tooth for better gearing purposes. How much did this throw off my speedometer, if at all?

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Speed is measured off of the front wheel.
Not on a ZX12R. It's measured at the front sprocket.
I don't know how far off it makes the speedo read. Get with a buddy who will drive in front of you at 55mph and see what you're reading. At least that way you'll know where you need to be on the gauges for a true 55mph on the road.Sorry I'm not more help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Use a smart phone with GPS. Plenty of free speedo apps out there. I use mine all the time. Some velcro on the top triple tree will hold the phone fine. Mine is off 5mph below 45mph. Then off by 10mph above that. I don't have your mods though.

Sent from somewhere in a corn field in Iowa

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your speedo is actually off by about 5mph anyway, it comes stock that way. If you install a speedo healer you wont have to worry about how off you are anymore. Their website will walk you thru how to set it up with your setup. Very effective.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts