Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've stuck the GPS on the bike I've had a chance to check the speedo accuracy, I was pleasantly surprised, at 70mph indicated on the guage I was doing a real world 67-68mph, that's not to shabby, most vehicles i've driven have been set to 10% overread this is much closer to the truth, will try and confirm at faster speeds once i've had the first service done.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found that in overdrive, 3000 RPM is about 60 MPH. 4000 RPM is about 80 MPH. 5000 RPM is about 100 MPH. Just take the first two digits of the RPM and double it for the speed in top gear. I find it a lot easier to read the RPM guage than the speedo.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the emphasis here in the UK on speed camera's we need a very fast and reliable way of checking our speeds at a glance, on some stretches of road we can have cameras less than a mile apart and therefore i'm glad to have something I can read in a flash as opposed to getting a flash giving me a ticket.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In the test by Scandinavian Bike journal (8/2007) they got the following speedo accuracy figures:

speedo meter actual speed (km/h)
50 49
100 98
150 146

Top speed:
268 259

:clap

PS. I will get my own GTR next wednesday :eek:hno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.