Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ZX14 stock with the exception of pipes shortened. When the speed sensor is hooked up it will not rev over 3000rpm and the bike shutsdown like you hit the kill switch. When you disconnect the speed sensor it works perfect. Anybody ever have this problem? Any help would be appreciated. It took me over a month and $500 to figure out that the bike works with the speed sensor disconnected I also replaced the speed sensor with no luck.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sure hope one of the guys can help you out.

I can hardly ride mine never mind fix it :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know a guy that has broken speedo. He simply downloaded a GPS app for his phone and has a phone holder on bike and uses this for speedometer. It is actually much more accurate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 ZX14 stock with the exception of pipes shortened. When the speed sensor is hooked up it will not rev over 3000rpm and the bike shutsdown like you hit the kill switch. When you disconnect the speed sensor it works perfect. Anybody ever have this problem? Any help would be appreciated. It took me over a month and $500 to figure out that the bike works with the speed sensor disconnected I also replaced the speed sensor with no luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts