Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway/thing to get around the speed restriction on the ZX-14? From what I understand the TRE only allows the secondary flies to open earlier.:smile

·
Registered
40 Posts
have heard of a computer chip,stage 2, and stage 3 but havnt found where to get it yet or how to install.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The TRE fools the computer into thinking the bike is always in 6th gear and therefore allows the secondaries to open prior to the previously determined 6800 or 7000 rpm mark but the gear indicator is also fooled so keepin mind your always going to see a 6 in the window. Don't believe it has any effect on top speed limiting though?

·
Registered
14 Posts
No computer bike runs on a set map. It is a telemetry related system. If there is a failed unit, there is a backup to the system.

There is no such thing as a timing retarder in a computer bike. All the aftermarket does is choose which wire from the GPS sensor will release the 186 mph limiter or the other wire lifts the secondary flies.

No computer bike runs on a set map as per aftermarket language. Fuel injection simply does not work this way.

Fuel injection works on crank speed and does not need a transmission to plot the fuel trim. Think about that one, Ivan!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
186mph limit my @#$% ass. I hit the last line of the speedo which is 190 last weekend at 6 oclock in the morning on a California freeway before i let off because of fear. She had a little more which I intend to find out the next time the road opens up. My 14 is only two month old so she is 100% stock for now.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
186mph limit my @#$% ass. I hit the last line of the speedo which is 190 last weekend at 6 oclock in the morning on a California freeway before i let off because of fear. She had a little more which I intend to find out the next time the road opens up. My 14 is only two month old so she is 100% stock for now.
You might be right but keep in mind the factory speedo is caple of being 8-10 mph off for every 100mph that info comes straight from a very trusted Kawi mechanic this is true for many bikes (and cars for that matter) you were going 190 but with only a five mph speedo error your still under limit? Just a thought.

The article is very informing,I will be assembling the defeat circ very very soon have all the parts except for the transistor in the garage. The simple solutions are always the best

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just for your info...
I had my speedo pegged, but my GPS was only indicating 188MPH ground speed. I don't think there has ever been a bike produced that doesn't have a speedO error. Sorry to burst your bubble :tard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts