Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all speed.. and I'm pretty sure we all know the risks, but what if something like this happened to you, could you live with it?

Not trying to be cynical, or morbid... just keeping it real.

I can't believe how graphic these commercials are getting, but maybe it's helping... what do you think?

Watch the Commercial

·
Registered
498 Posts
to answer your question, if something did happen, i probably could live with it but whether your better half and children could live with it is the real question. Somewhere along the line, it's better off being dead than having them come see you at the hospital with your total crippled condition. That's unrecoverable condition i mean... You'll have to think on mental stress inflicted upon them too. I just recovered from a 'ganglion' hand operation and to see the missus cry before seing me going into the OR was something i would never forget. Her body and face expression said it all. I COUDLN'T LIVE IF SOMETHING HAPPEND TO YOU and that's just a hand operation.

From statistic shown, there are 2 groups that are a mojor accident 'threat'. One is the new generation riders ranging from 17 to 25 years old. Their blood veins tends to 'boils' up pretty quickly once provoked by fellow riders or other motorists/vehicles.

Second, is the 'reborn' type group. Either they retiered of the easyriders group and jumping to SBK or vice versa or starting back riding after a long time. Not being ready of the advancement of technology and power output.

Personally, i think these 2 group should go for refresh or intermidiate/advance course to expose them to what's happening around them and the consequences of being 'out there'.

What do you think?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well we have some of these Adds here in OZ with the "hairy chested gorilla type" voice over which is a bit of a turn off.

After retiring and being an X dirt rider I had a GPX250 for 6 months before getting a '99 ZX6R and did some 20 000km on the road before going to a trackday. Then I have some rules 1) Don't drop bike 2) You gotta ride home.
So I guess I did my own refresher course.

gammac

·
Registered
532 Posts
Second, is the 'reborn' type group. Either they retiered of the easyriders group and jumping to SBK or vice versa or starting back riding after a long time. Not being ready of the advancement of technology and power output.

Personally, i think these 2 group should go for refresh or intermidiate/advance course to expose them to what's happening around them and the consequences of being 'out there'.

What do you think?
I am one of these " reborn - group", returning after a rather long (12 years) forced lay-off from biking. My previous bikes, (in order from last to what I can remember),was Suz GSX1150EF, MotoGuzzi 850 Le Mans III, Honda CBX,
Suz GS550E, various off-roaders etc.

I actually found it much easier now, because of the incredible advances on handling quality, better tyres, less weight, better brakes,etc. Yes, the power has also increased pro-rata, as well as the traffic volumes, but on our favourite "biking-roads", I think I have a lesser risk today than 12 years ago to drop it./ Maybe I am wiser, although I ride much harder now than those years.

For my son, who just started riding this year,(22 years old), and on top of that, with a ZX10R, yes, the risks are enourmous!!!! I try my best to coach him as much as I can to minimise the risks. I force him to read and watch all video and other material I can find to try and make him a responsible rider.

·
Registered
604 Posts
We all speed.. and I'm pretty sure we all know the risks, but what if something like this happened to you, could you live with it?

Not trying to be cynical, or morbid... just keeping it real.

I can't believe how graphic these commercials are getting, but maybe it's helping... what do you think?

Watch the Commercial
I liked the commercial... I guess it'll make me think twice before trying to pull something again. Great Find...:mfclap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts