Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've searched everywhere, maybe not everywhere cuz i can't seem to find the Miles per Gallon on the 2005 ZX-6R? Anyone have a clue???? The reason i need to know is i'm thinking of riding to Portland sometime soon and i need to know where, and how often to fill up on gas!!! Thanks' to anyone!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
i got low to mid 30's during break-in. after about 1kmiles, i started to get up in the upper 30's, 36 or so.

that ends up giving me a range of 130mi (around the time of the reserve light coming on) or so during break-in, and 150+ after. i'm sure every bike will be different. might depend on oil and/or fuel additives. i did a blend during break-in and full-synth after 600mi. plus i put an additive in the fuel. 92+ octane, of course.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It really depends on what kind of performance mods you have and how you plan on riding. If you have a stock bike you can expect to get about 40-50 miles, maybe .., then again if you open up the throttle that will change things.

I have a Yosh exhaust, and PCIII on mine with a pretty rich fuel blend and am getting about 37-38 miles a gallon. And that's with some prety hard riding half the time and riding to work on a highway the other half.

Also, don't forget your fuel light comes on with almost an entire gallon left in the tank. (For me it does anyway) So if you want to figure out what your gas milage actually is, do the math for the amount of fuel you actually burned off and not what your tank can hold.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i've never gotten much more than 40 with a stock 636, then RR on the other hand was consistently 39-42.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome Ted.....glad to have ya here!!! And thanks for everyone's feedback on this issuie(sp)!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
welcome to the board Ted!!

:clap

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks guys - I did check the mpg by taking the miles (conveinently started at 0) and dividing by how much gas I put in (like 130 miles and 2.8 gals or someting stupid like that).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts