Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone know what the spec is for them? I cant find it in the maintenance manual. Thanks!

Page 2-7 in the service manual
Exhaust pipe manifold holder nuts 13 ft-lbs

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious where exactly you are finding this. I know it talks about the manifold holder nuts but searched the entire document and could not find exact torque specs. Thx!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
And if it IS 13ftlbs that means they didnt tighten the friggin nuts at all!!! I went out and i could turn the nut about 1/2 turn before getting 13ft/lbs. nice to know I can trust them to do a good job. Great 250 bux wasted. So what ELSE didnt they do.
Anyone here from Calgary that knows who does awesome maintenance?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just curious where exactly you are finding this. I know it talks about the manifold holder nuts but searched the entire document and could not find exact torque specs. Thx!
Chapter 2, page 7

And if it IS 13ftlbs that means they didnt tighten the friggin nuts at all!!! I went out and i could turn the nut about 1/2 turn before getting 13ft/lbs. nice to know I can trust them to do a good job. Great 250 bux wasted. So what ELSE didnt they do.
Anyone here from Calgary that knows who does awesome maintenance?
They don't need to be uber tight.
Just tight enough to seal.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Yeah, just because they werent to perfect spec doesn't mean the world is coming to and end.

You could probably get more than another half a turn out of them after 13 ft/lbs too, and you need to keep in mind that torque wrenches are inherently inaccurate as hell. Unless you have the snap-on guy coming to calibrate it every week, and even then.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
No but that could be my problem of hearing the ticking too.
And you didn't start the bike after tightening those bolts to find that out? Yeah, could be. But if they were fairly snug to begin with it could be something else.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
The exhaust gaskets are meant to crush as you torque them and "settle" in after you run it for the first time so re-torquing is sometimes needed .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Squidge. I only could get to the number 7 nut without removing the fairings. I just wanted to check quickly. Tomorrow, i will probably remove the fairings to get at all the bolts. Can you guys make any other suggestions which bolts i should be checking while I have everything removed?

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Hey Squidge. I only could get to the number 7 nut without removing the fairings. I just wanted to check quickly. Tomorrow, i will probably remove the fairings to get at all the bolts. Can you guys make any other suggestions which bolts i should be checking while I have everything removed?
Motor mounts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hey ZX10r. Here is my 2-7 page and I dont see it. Do I have a different manual?

http://db.tt/etJivS6Y

Great i managed to get to 4 nuts and tighten them a bit. Made quite a bit of difference. I am guessing you need to rip offthe fairings and radiator to vet to the rest of them huh? Glad I paid the dealer to do this and it never got done. I hate fraudelent maintenance. Sorry for venting but I am just extremely pissed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey ZX10r. Here is my 2-7 page and I dont see it. Do I have a different manual?

http://db.tt/etJivS6Y

Great i managed to get to 4 nuts and tighten them a bit. Made quite a bit of difference. I am guessing you need to rip offthe fairings and radiator to vet to the rest of them huh? Glad I paid the dealer to do this and it never got done. I hate fraudelent maintenance. Sorry for venting but I am just extremely pissed.
What year is your bike??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts