Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went on a 5 hour ride this past sunday and about 2 hours into the ride my arse was killing me... when we stopped for food about 3 hours into the ride by the time we finished eating i had regained feeling in my boys if ya know what I mean. Is this normal it seems the ride position should be get on bike rest boys against tank pust in 2 more inches and thats where you ride not to mention my sholder was killing me from holding the gas open

Is this normal i ride a 02 zx6r or is thier something i can do to make it better it would be nice if it had cruse control

·
Registered
41 Posts
i just rode 600 miles [mostly non-stop on a 2004 ZZR600] and although my bike has better ergos than yours ,i was a little sore as well- my throttle hand got a little baked and ass was a bit numb..its the price we pay riding some of the bestest kawi bikes.. :rofl ..options..trade for CONCOURS..corbin seat..learn yoga..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes, throttle hand here also. On the back roads variations in throttle stop the numbness but on the highway I find myself reaching over with the left hand to hold the throttle while the right gets some loosening up exexcise.
Frequent coffee breaks help also.
gammac

·
Registered
59 Posts
I rode about 250 miles on Sunday over the course of 5hrs. It was just about all twisties, so I was getting a good workout haha. But I did notice after a bit that my boys were a little cramped, and the seat was a bit like a piece of wood lol. All in all, it wasnt that bad, but I think it was impart that I was shifting my weaight/boday around alot..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did 800 miles from Friday to Sunday. Mostly freeway (riding w/ cruiser friends). I'm all over the bike making sure that I keep blood circulating to various parts. My friends think I have ADD but I can keep my joints from being sore by stretching while riding. We would stop around the 100 mile mark each time for stretching and coffee/food/piss.

Regarding the beans, you probably shouldn't be up against the tank unless you're Napoleon's height in which case you have no choice. Your knees should be in just the right spot on your tank to provide vice like grip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I Understand About The Boys Being Up Against The Tank. Man It Sucks. The Wife Thought She Was Being Funny And Told Me To Buy A Cup. (didnt Tell Her It Already Crossed My Mind). But Wht About Redoing The Seat With Memory Foam Or Something. I Looked At The Corbin Seats But They Are 300.00

·
Registered
234 Posts
This won't work so well when you're doing twisties but when you're out just tooling around, wny not scoot on the seat toward the rear of the bike? Not only will this keep the boys happy, it will help your arm position and get you down more into the smooth air coming over the windscreen. If your shoulders are really sore it could be because you're supporting too much of your weight with your arms. You want to support your weight with your legs and torso - keep your stomach tight. Who needs situps!

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah, i squish the boys when the lady rides on the back. otherwise they are ok cause i have space to move back a bit. funny you mention a cup, cause i thought the same damn thing, lol....

but mostly my biggest problem is my knees after a long ride. i get of the bike and can barely stand up straight. i need some new sets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts