Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought My 08 Zx6r and it is my first bike and I bought it as a project but I have run into a problem and I noticed when I am in 1st gear and I accelerate it will get around 9,000RPMs and it sounds like I’m in the red line and the Engine keeps getting louder and louder. Just wondering if anybody has a solution to my problem.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Confused by the way you worded it. Correct me if im wrong. You accelerate and at 9,000rpm but it sounds like its bouncing off the rev limiter. Does it not go past 9k?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Probably fine my 05 636 just starts waking up around 9 grand .

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Being an 08, check w dealer to make sure all recalls were done on the bike.
They can check vin# for recalls.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
Check to make sure the subthrottle actuators are opening. They are supposed to be full open at that rpm. If they are stuck closed it will prevent airflow.

Check for good fuel pressure. Low fuel pressure will be able to keep up at lower rpms but will keep power from building in the higher rpms

Check that the secondary fuel injectors are working, they progressively start at around 6k and then I think they hit 100% after 10k.

Very last thing to check would be coils.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 ZX6R won’t ride past 8k rpm

Hey guys I’m new to the forum and I’m having some trouble. I bought an 09 zx6r and the bike ran good for a while. After some time I started loosing power past 8k rpm. I then took it to the shop and he cleaned the throttle body ran codes and nothing but I was able to go to about 10k rpm at this point and he said it could possibly be that my ecu is bad. Does anyone have an opinion on this? It has a quick shifter graves slip on and the previous owner told me it was flashed but no dyno jet or anything. I was thinking of getting a dyno jet and new ecu for the bike but before I go spend the money I figured I would try and ask around
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi if struggling up top end check the airfilter as they block easy especially if doing alot of open rd riding. Mine blocks regulary as i do alot of open rd riding and power drops and struggles in the top end. Also check you dont have rust in your tank as the rust particals block your pump/filter and injectors this one has caused me major simular issues. If rusty tank do a tank sealer cleaner and replace the pump and clean the rest of the fuel system.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just recently bought My 08 Zx6r and it is my first bike an

Hey guys I’m new to the forum and I’m having some trouble. I bought an 09 zx6r and the bike ran good for a while. After some time I started loosing power past 8k rpm. I then took it to the shop and he cleaned the throttle body ran codes and nothing but I was able to go to about 10k rpm at this point and he said it could possibly be that my ecu is bad. Does anyone have an opinion on this? It has a quick shifter graves slip on and the previous owner told me it was flashed but no dyno jet or anything. I was thinking of getting a dyno jet and new ecu for the bike but before I go spend the money I figured I would try and ask around
Thanks for any help
What was the problem?
d I bought it as a project but I have run into a problem and I noticed when I am in 1st gear and I accelerate it will get around 9,000RPMs and it sounds like I’m in the red line and the Engine keeps getting louder and louder. Just wondering if anybody has a solution to my problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks for any help
What was wrong

1 - 11 of 11 Posts