Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
A K2 with 0 miles in the crate. I'm guessing closer to $40k. Put it on Bring a Trailer and who knows how high it might go. Like we saw with the 93 900rr's the sky's the limit. It just takes 2 guys with a boat load of cash and huge ego's.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The 900rr’s on bring a trailer for crazy money, does anybody know if the deal actually went through and seller got paid? I always wonder when it’s crazy money if it’s just not an idiot playing around.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure how to find that out. In my opinion, they were both idiots playing around. They just happen to be idiots with a lot of money and big egos. I did read many of the buyers comments and the two guys bidding on them sounded legit. On the first bike, the two guys were the only bidders past the high teens to the selling price of $52k. Then the guy who lost the first one jumped the bid on the second one from the mid 20's straight to $50k. He could have saved a lot of money and gotten that bike for the high 20's since the only other idiot on the planet that would be pay that much money had just bought the previous one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It may have not been ridden, but it wasn't forgotten. He never intended to sell it, regardless of the price/gain.
That’s sort of the problem I’m alluding to. It sounds like he never had the intention of ever riding it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Are they idiots, or are they people who had the means to get what they wanted?
I agree.

50k to most of us is peanuts to a few.

People dropping that kind of cash could be idiotic trust fundees, the person who invented the post-it, a crypto millionaire, or a CEO expanding his 20 bike collection.

Aside from making 2 of them unavailable to the masses like me, who cares? More will show up. One just sold for 11k through Iconic, although it never made it to auction.

Now would someone sell a sub 1000 mile P model? Please? It's like they don't exist.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Now would someone sell a sub 1000 mile P model? Please? It's like they don't exist.
I bought mine back in ‘17 with 600 miles.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Awesome, now if I could remember where I put my time machine. If I can find it I will bring back a load of homologation models for the forum regulars to enjoy.
That’d be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bought my P1 in 1996. Zero miles! LOL😉😂
Same. Bought a new 1996, but ended up racing it, and destroying it after enough wrecks. Still have the husk and locked up engine taking up space. Bought another that I still own in 2000, and put 18k miles or so on it.

Back on topic, I hope that K2 finds a great home.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I agree.

50k to most of us is peanuts to a few.

People dropping that kind of cash could be idiotic trust fundees, the person who invented the post-it, a crypto millionaire, or a CEO expanding his 20 bike collection.

Aside from making 2 of them unavailable to the masses like me, who cares? More will show up. One just sold for 11k through Iconic, although it never made it to auction.

I painted that one it was a real nice bike that you could ride not over the top restored.

·
6,993 Posts
I keep saying to to myself, now I need to get serious. I will be listing the Bimota for auction soon, and will probably put my ZX7R M and Russell bike up for auction after that. Strike while the iron is hot.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I keep saying to to myself, now I need to get serious. I will be listing the Bimota for auction soon, and will probably put my ZX7R M and Russell bike up for auction after that. Strike while the iron is hot.
Wow speechless you’ve put so much time and money into them.

·
6,993 Posts
Wow speechless you’ve put so much time and money into them.
I enjoy the build. Once I'm done I'm bored and looking for the next project. I have other projects underway.

03 ZX12R turbo bike with 350rwhp. It was an Orient Express bike that ran the Texas Mile twice, once at 209 and once at 210 mph. I'm restoring it and converting it to e85.

I tore my 06 GSXR1000 apart last year. Pistons, rods, Carpenter head and Yosh cams. It should be good for 210rwhp. It's only 385lbs wet, so it'll be faster than my old H2 SX SE.

I'm throwing a 2mm over engine in a 2013 ZX10R together with tons of toys. Will it be a fast as the GSXR?

I'll sell the other bikes as well. 04 ZX10R, 01 GSXR1000, 06 GSXR750, Bimota.

I'm finishing the build of my 2000 F250 7.3L diesel. 500rwhp, 1100 lbft torque. It's a single cab I shortened the frame 16" to make it a short bed, also beefed up the transmission and rear axle.

I'm no pup (but not nearly as old as EZ). I'm buying a place in Medellín, Colombia. Nicknamed the “City of Eternal Spring". The weather is so mild you do not need AC or heating in your home. I cannot bring any of these toys down there, so it's time to sell them and build up my retirement funds (other than the F250 and my 04 ZX12R). I spent many years traveling internationally for work, so I am fluent enough in Italian and Spanish to get by. I'll get an Adventure bike down there.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts