Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm handling a friend's estate, going to try to find it a new home. Zero mile, never registered. Not even sure where to start with something like this. I assume I can move this shipping container with a pallet truck?

Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Motor vehicle Gauge

Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Crankset Bumper Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Little Rock, AR. I've been reaching out to some listing sites and brokers. I'm still working on trying to safely move/transport/secure it. I have no idea on price, I only saw that one on Iconic sold with 1 mile for a around 30k. I don't know if this compares or not.

·
6,993 Posts
It's probably one of the two in the middle of Texas. You are best to list them on either 'Bring a Trailer' or Iconic auctions. Ping me if guy need a connect. $30K wouldn't suprise me if accurate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got word that somebody was 'selling' this on FB. This bike is most likely going to Iconic. Everybody has been super helpful in this community, and other brokers/listing sites, hate to see somebody scammed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it's a cool find and it'll get a lot of money, but at the same time, what a shame. Bikes like that should be ridden, and that one never will be.

Reactions: ninjanut

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,875 Posts
Im at an impass with my 7. It's got ~35k mi. on the frame and has at least 20k mi. on the motor (SBM build failed, no surprise. My first 7 motor has a hole in the case from the chain breaking off at highway speeds. So it's on its 3rd motor). It's nowhere near showroom quality. But, parts are getting increasingly harder to find.

I'm going to have to do something when parts for the 10r reach EOL.

·
6,993 Posts
Im at an impass with my 7. It's got ~35k mi. on the frame and has at least 20k mi. on the motor (SBM build failed, no surprise. My first 7 motor has a hole in the case from the chain breaking off at highway speeds. So it's on its 3rd motor). It's nowhere near showroom quality. But, parts are getting increasingly harder to find.

I'm going to have to do something when parts for the 10r reach EOL.
Come buy my M and be done with it, or my 10, or my Bimota, or my GSXR1000, .......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bikes like that should be ridden, and that one never will be.
It may have not been ridden, but it wasn't forgotten. He never intended to sell it, regardless of the price/gain. And it wasn't like he was wealthy. I think it represented a time in his life, before priorities made him give up riding. I guess still sad but in a different way.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,875 Posts
Come buy my M and be done with it, or my 10, or my Bimota, or my GSXR1000, .......
M: too expensive
10r: already have one
Bimota: unique and interesting to me. Probably expensive. No, definitely expensive.
Gxsr1000: doesn't appeal to me.

H2 SX SE: now there's a bike I could strive for. Fast. Green. Has a rear seat. It'll be at least a few years before I could afford one. I should go look at one in person and sit on it. I might like it. I might not. Who knows?

·
6,993 Posts
M: too expensive
10r: already have one
Bimota: unique and interesting to me. Probably expensive. No, definitely expensive.
Gxsr1000: doesn't appeal to me.

H2 SX SE: now there's a bike I could strive for. Fast. Green. Has a rear seat. It'll be at least a few years before I could afford one. I should go look at one in person and sit on it. I might like it. I might not. Who knows?
If you rode the GSXR1000 it would appeal to you. I thought the same before I got it. It is a fantastic bike. I like it way better than my old H2 SX SE (especially the insurance cost). You would probably hate the Bimota, I sure do.

I think I have finally settled on which bikes to keep.

04 ZX12R
13 ZX10R
06 GSXR1000
94 ZX7R

It's hard to believe I can get down to do few bikes. I have had so many for so long. I only have four more to sell to get down to those. 04 ZX10R, 01 GSXR1000, 06 GSXR750, 95 Bimota.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts