Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

First message here on Zxforum. Nice to meet you guys.I'm a new one into the ZX-7R world (And i speak french haha, sorry for my english).

- Do you know where i can find a lighter gas tank for 2003 zx-7r? Like a carbon fiber tank or something like that? (I can't find nothing)

- The 1998-2003 zx9r wheels are lighter than the original 7r wheels. Can we use 9r wheels on 7r?

-By the way do you have a great website where a can find Zx-7r performance part? You know parts for zx-7r are so rare.

Hey thanks for your answers my friends. :)

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yes you can use 9r wheels on a 7. Evil7Twins has a 9r rear wheel on one of his 7's.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Yes you can use 9r wheels on a 7. Evil7Twins has a 9r rear wheel on one of his 7's.
You need to measure axle diameters first. the 94-97 swap over easily, but are pretty much the same as the 96-03 7R wheels. The fronts are the same. The rear 9r rim in this case is 1/2" narrower than the 7R rim. 5.5" vs 6.0".
98-99 ZX9r's used different diameter axles than the previous models,as well as smaller brake rotors. Starting in 1998 the ZX9R no longer used a speedo cable. The speedometer pickup is located at the counter-shaft sprocket. As for the 2000-03 ZX9R I don't know what diameter the axles are. Like I said before, you need to measure diameters and do your research.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts