Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bike for a while but there are a couple things I wanted help with. I have a muzzy system and I LOVE the sound of it but after seeing a couple of the same pipes cut down (shortened) I really like the look. Is there any way I can get the look and keep the sound? Also, how do I go about cutting a pipe?? The second thing is just something that I've learned to live with but it still bugs me when I start my bike. It starts fine but the starter makes some kind of clanking noise, almost sounds like a grinding. I've heard people say it's the starter clutch or something but I don't know. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
what year is the bike?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Cutting down your can involves drilling out the pop rivets, removing the end cap, and cutting it to desired length, then re-installing the end cap. It will be louder for sure. Unless you are into 12 o'clock wheelies I wouldn't mess with a good thing. I would check the starter mounting bolts first and make sure they are torqued properly...sounds like it might be misaligned to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try that when I get home.. Thanks for the help. As far as the exhaust I just wanted something new I think. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts