Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was approached by my neighbors if I could help them with Her 2008 Harley with what looks to be a Evo motor. They put a Vance and Hines exhaust system on her bike and it is popping on the decel. Hes asking me about altering the factory tune on the bike.
So do these bikes have Power Commanders or Just a chip to make changes? I dont want to have to me personally make program changes because I dont know what the $#%$^ Im doing but would be willing to install a chip.
Can you send the ECU to someone to have it reflashed? If someone outline on options. I can seek out a course of action. I wont name names but (57X) - (EZ) comes to mind.

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
58,837 Posts
Not sure if they make this for a 2008.
I have a 2017 Screaming Eagle 110 with a Vance and Hines Fuel pak 3.
It's plug and play and changes the parameters in the ecu for what ever you modify.
I removed the cats and chose a program for a basic slip on and runs great.
Cool thing is you can view everything on your phone since it's bluetooth also

·
Premium Member
13,396 Posts
Harley got jammed up by the EPA for selling and installing fuel piggyback tuners, so the tuners themselves may be a bit difficult to find.

The one mod you may want to talk the owner into is replacement cam bearings. Not a big job to replace, but if the stock bearings fail in use, you have a melluva hess on your hands. A friend has a Wide Glide with nearly 70,000 miles and he had his cam bearings replaced as soon as I showed him an article on the failures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts