Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had a good slide on a textile jacket?? (and around to tell about it)
-how well does textile hold up compared to a good kangaroo leather?
i wear a textile joe rocket jacket, but it doesn't fit like it should at all! and luckily NOT YET have crashed with it...im trying to decide on a new jacket. either textile or leather(cow or kanga)...thanks for the input

·
Registered
75 Posts
textile is shit. i have see a guy go down. that shit melts to you skin( he went down at 60 mph). no shit. if you can get leather get it. and if you can get a kangaroo jacket... tell man i want one. kangarro is the best shit out there. i think all the GP boys waer it. the only bad thing is that to make a kangarro one pice it is like 10 or so kangarros. and i think for a jacket it is like 4-5.

·
Registered
196 Posts
a guy at work yesterday asked what I thought of my Joe Rocket mesh jacket, I told him I liked it. I also told him that for low speed off's it does good (I've crashed and slid on concrete 30 foot or so at around 40 mph with minor damage to jacket and none to me) saved me lots in hospital bills. wouldn't trust it for higher speed crash.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i went down at 80mpg in my joe rocket textile...i had no personal injuries except for some minor rug burn but no road rash or sticking of the jacket to my skin...the jacket was all f-ed up after that one though...i counted 9 different holes or gashes in it after i had gotten home... i won't evea get another one

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks you guys for your wisdom and stories...sounds like leather or kanga is the way to go for a good slide ..man the MotoGP brand jackets are incredible..im just going to have to really save the cash for a while...thanks againg brothers:smile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts