Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know the '12 14R weighs 17 lbs. more than the '11.....584 vs. 567 wet, according to the reviews. We also know the wheels are 3 lbs. lighter, so the rest of the bike gained 20 lbs. The '12 mufflers are huge but I can't imagine they are 20 lbs. heavier than the previous big mufflers. The frame has been stiffened and we now have TC, but is their much additional weight there?

Anyone?

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
:dunno we should start with the exhaust as previously stated then go to the bigger radiator with more coolant and don't forget dual fans ,a bigger crankshaft . It starts adding up quickly I guess . Considering when I changed my exhaust to a full system I lost 30 lbs off of my bike it's not that hard to fathom .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Reworked (stronger) engine internals, slipper clutch, stiffened frame, bigger seat, stiffer suspenders, longer and stronger swingarm, slightly bigger bodywork, much bigger zorsts. In real terms it doesn't take much to raise 20lbs.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Reworked (stronger) engine internals, slipper clutch, stiffened frame, bigger seat, stiffer suspenders, longer and stronger swingarm, slightly bigger bodywork, much bigger zorsts. In real terms it doesn't take much to raise 20lbs.
What's a zorsts ?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I don't get it.My exhaust on my 09 was huge.Still have it hanging in my garage.I think slang is pipes.With my Alienhead it doesn't feel that heavy.
Craig

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
The '12 is also 8/10" longer and there is the encoder circuitry/mechanisms on the discs for the traction control.

My shop manager told me he lost 32lbs. by putting on a Brooks titanium 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust. The '12 stock exhaust is heavier than the already beefy '07-'11 cans.

·
Premium Member
13,119 Posts
All that extra horsepower isn't light, ya know.:crazyloco

·
Registered
937 Posts
We know the '12 14R weighs 17 lbs. more than the '11.....584 vs. 567 wet, according to the reviews. We also know the wheels are 3 lbs. lighter, so the rest of the bike gained 20 lbs. The '12 mufflers are huge but I can't imagine they are 20 lbs. heavier than the previous big mufflers. The frame has been stiffened and we now have TC, but is their much additional weight there?

Anyone?
. . . I bet that 20lbs feels like an anvil on your back, for good vibes I'll trade you straight across for my immaculate 474 lb feather weight '06:rotflmao

·
Registered
54 Posts
......forgot to mention the retractable luggage hooks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts