Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should my warranty cover this? what happened was..well, i'm a curious guy, so i took off the muffler to see what it sounded like. and for the butterfly valve cables, i just unscrew the plate that's located beneath the seat on the left side on top of a small black box. (another thing, when i opened the seat, the battery strap wasn't even strapped up..waht the crap?) and after putting the muffler back on, screw the bolt back to the plate that pulls the cables. without knowing, i tightened it too much, the plastic damn gear moved..teeth broke off...so the valve does not open...it just stays at the original location. the result is..bike heating up faster than usual.

so...anything guys? i know it's my bad for being such a curious guy messing around with the bike and what not..

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's not going to be covered under warranty. But I'd say you should just stick it open and leave it that way anyways. That's in effect what the "jumper mod" does.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Or, upgrade to an aftermarket exhaust that gets rid of the valve all together. The FI light might stay on though if the gear is stripped inside.......not sure on that one.

You could always try to cover it up like you didn't do anything and then take it to the dealer and play dumb. Never know, they might warranty it for ya.

·
Registered
44 Posts
with the cables un-hooked it jus stays open. do the jumper mod too so the computer will throw in some extra fuel up top..just leave the box hooked up and take the cables all the way off I didnt get an F.I. light either

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is weird, how you guys say that when the cable is disconnected, it stays open. what happened after the gear broke was that the valve seemed to be somewhat closed, so my bike was heating up faster than usual. just yesterday i disconnected the cable, and then i took out the spring, and welded the valve open. so did you guys forget the spring process or what? i'm planning on leaving it like this until the akrapovic slip on comes out, that thing is so clean, along with the BEET, they flow so well with the tail.

and can someone please explain to me in more details of what the jumper mod is?

thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I actually broke the mounts on the box... woops...you changed the resting position for the valve by cranking on nut that holds the gear on.

Take a look at a muffler when you get chance, you'll see that the valve stays open when un hooked.

Jumper mod
Take off your seat there is a 4 prong conector that is caped take off the cap and get a small piece of wire and jump the Green/green wire to the yellow/black wire wrap with some tape and you're done it workes trust me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts