Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... to replace my rusted out header and worn out D&D can. I love the throaty growl that the current exhaust has, but I'm afraid it's too loud. Edmonton has a noise bylaw that specifically targets motorcycles, yes, it's unjust, yes, every motorcycle rider regardless of brand/type is fighting this tooth and nail. I already draw enough unwanted attention because I'm the only ZX11 in town with a Polychromatic paint job, and I've been hassled enough on the Magna for noise (checked out each time on that bike, haven't been stopped on the Zed... YET) to NOT want to be stopped again.

Fortunately, the header isn't rusted through, but the entire surface is corroded. I know the cheapest route is some BBQ paint on the pipes and repack the can, and I just might do that instead, but I want to know if the $500 touch for the Vance & Hines is worth it over an old D&D. Didn't find anything of real relevance when I did a search, so please, give me the straight dope.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
I don't think you'll find much difference in performance from one to the other.

I have the S2-R on my 11 and it's throaty, but not obnoxious. Much quieter that the Muzzy on my 12.

I've seen them on fleabay a few times for $400 (new). Even $300 off bikes that have gone down, but the pipes are undamaged.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got one on my bike. 200 used of ebay. Pipe was in good shape just needs a little rubbing. Not to loud cruising but talks a little when you rev it. Might be down on power to the muzzy but I like a right side pipe. Really light too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts