Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2 winter's ago i planned on buying a full exhaust system for my 08 ZX6R. So over the winter i took the stock system out, including the servo motor. However something came up and i couldnt buy it so i put the stock system back on but somehow the servo motor got screwed up and wouldnt work. That ended up causing me to loose alot of low end power.

I ended up being more focused on my car then the bike between now and then. So currently im deployed to afghanistan and should be returning home around March. Even though i wont be pulling the bike out of storage until April/May (when the snow is usally melts...i say usally because theres always a snow storm around the end of May) Anyways i finally orderd some parts for the bike.

Yoshimura titanium full system
520 kit (-1/+2, DID chain)
Ignition Module (to add on to the PC3 i already have)
Speedohealer
chain riveting tool kit.

I cant wait to get home and get the parts on. Soon as i do that ill be going to get the bike dyno tuned. After 2 long years of neglecting the bike, its finally getting the attention it deserves. I'll have pics of the parts when they arrive and my girlfriend has time to take some pictures for me.

· Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx, on a side note. Does the speedohealer have to stay in the bike or do you hook it up, program the speedo then disconnect it? I'm going to be running out of space with the pc3 and ignition module.

· Premium Member
3,168 Posts
The speedo healer stays connected in the bike :thumbup

· Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well damn...lol. I well i got the pc3 in where the tools go under the passenger seat. I'm planning on putting the ignition module where the servo motor is, since ill be taking that out. Any ideas where to put the speedohealer?

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
idk about on your bike, but I have seen them stuffed inside the fairing upper, alongside one of the lowers, zip tied to the subframe... lots of people have them around here.

· Premium Member
3,168 Posts
I shoved mine in the tail fairing between the front and rear seat. I'll snap a pic for you when I get home.

· Premium Member
3,168 Posts
Sorry it took me so long man. Idk if it will work the same for you, I have 05-06.

· Premium Member
3,168 Posts
Those are a lot of nice goodies there :thumbup
Everything is pretty strait forward, you shouldn't have any issues. I've heard of a lot of guys heat wrapping there pipes, but idk the + or - about it.
Good luck man, and enjoy the installs :smile

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Ok one thing I will tell you, I let my sit for 2 years after I was struck by a car and it had a bad miss I had to pull all the injectors out and clean them out to get the miss out. May want to change the plugs to. Air impact also helps for the front sprocket.

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Oh and I love renthal sprockets

· Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I changed the plugs pretty much right before i put it in storage (october). One of the maps i downloaded for the PC3 was too rich and caused a spark plug to blow out. I was riding with my girl on the back downtown during rush air and it would keep miss firing and causing the bike to stall. I would fire it up, put it in gear....stall...start, put it in gear...stall. I stalled 4 times going through one intersection. I nearly pushed my bike off a bridge that day. Got home, changed the plugs, #3 and #4 were burnt pretty bad, swapped all 4, loaded the stock tune back on and it ran perfectly.

· Premium Member
284 Posts
I bought a lithium ion battery for mine and they are 1/2 the size of the oem battery so I put some of the electronic accessories in with the new battery(pc3 and scorpion alarm). Now I can put the tool kit back where it belongs. The bike has now been sitting in my heated garage since october and I haven't touched this new battery. Fired the bike up the other day and it started right away no problem. These batteries can sit for six months without being touched and they are only supposed to lose 5% of their power. Putting the new battery on the bike gave me quite a bit of new storage space right under the seat.

· VP Whoring
14,654 Posts
I want one of everything on your list. I just dont know when i would ever get time to rip the bike apart. I know it isnt Florida or Cali, but you almost get a 12 month riding season here. Not really time for a winter project. Just keep riding, but hey, cant complain about that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.