Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently the tires had no pressure! Just bought the bike and the tires did not look flat in any way but when I used the gauge nothing came up...so is that normal for tires to look fine with no pressure? Anyway I filled them using my air compressor so they are legit now...just the whole thing weirded me out. 1993 ZX750L raising from the Dead!:banghead

·
Registered
843 Posts
Apparently the tires had no pressure! Just bought the bike and the tires did not look flat in any way but when I used the gauge nothing came up...so is that normal for tires to look fine with no pressure? Anyway I filled them using my air compressor so they are legit now...just the whole thing weirded me out. 1993 ZX750L raising from the Dead!:banghead
your tire gauge is bad go put it on your car and see if anything shows up

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the same thing that was the first thing I did, and it worked on my truck tires no problem. I used two different gauges too. When I pumped up the tires with the compressor I was finally able to get pressure readings...I pumped them up to spec. But before I did this the tire gauges would not bump and it still looked like there was plenty of air in the tires, I kind of felt crazy actually...:tard

·
Registered
843 Posts
I thought the same thing that was the first thing I did, and it worked on my truck tires no problem. I used two different gauges too. When I pumped up the tires with the compressor I was finally able to get pressure readings...I pumped them up to spec. But before I did this the tire gauges would not bump and it still looked like there was plenty of air in the tires, I kind of felt crazy actually...:tard
yeah i just ran into this problem my tire gauge was reading 10 pounds less then correct and thats no good

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the bike had some unique valve stems or something...I hope both my gauges aren't crap, I guess I will pick up another one. That would mean my truck tires are overinflated, but they don't seem to be. Say the bike tires had less than 10 psi each, is it possible they would still look inflated?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tire gauges are so cheap and generic, how do you get one that doesn't suck,,haha. And no I will not spend 50 bucks on a tire gauge...and now I am worried that I overinflated the tires...however the bike tracks smooth now and it did not before I put some air in...

·
Registered
843 Posts
i run 31/30 go to an auto parts store they should have some decent ones if you have to much air in the tires you could lose the front end or the backend so tire pressure is very important

1 - 8 of 8 Posts