Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading some of the posts on this bike regarding some SERIOUS issues that this bike seems to be having. And now, I dont know if I should get one.

Right now I own a 89' Kawi FX400r. Its a grey market from japan and runs like a rat out of hell. I love it to death, but its definitely time to upgrade. I will mostly be doing city/highway driving with the occasional long distance trip. Is this the right bike for me? Should I even be considering it? I am having some major second thoughts.

Help me quench my fears! Im going to be dropping a good 11+ grand on this bike which I will have worked my ass off for so I need to be sure!

Also, while I am on the topic what are good questions to ask the dealer about this bike when I go shopping around? Never bought one from a dealership before! Cheers for any forthcoming help!

·
Registered
103 Posts
The 07s have problems that should be taken care of in 08. I would personally buy an 08 model and avoid a possible problem. For long distance trips...prepare for your ass to be very numb. This bike was built to be a track bike and your ass takes the punishment for it! This bike does not make a lot of low end or mid range power...but the top end screams and it is the most nimble bike I have ridden(street bikes). Personally if i were you, I would go to the dealership and sit on all the major 600's and see what you feel most comfortable on. I was bent on getting a R6 when i bought my 600 and i ended up with the ninja instead. Just go with what feels right to you =)

·
Registered
37 Posts
11 grand???? I hope thats taking mods into consideration cause 07's can be had for waaaaay cheaper. Find one left in stock and have it shipped.

On a side note, have any of the canadian models had the bad cam/tappet problem? It could be just a US thing...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Its been a LONG time coming in getting my bike (will FINALLY be done saving by Nov.!!) and I mentioned getting the 08' hoping that many of the "kinks" would be worked out- & someone said that the ONLY change is gonna be color selection. What do you guys think the 08' changes will most likely be?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't expect any changes on the '08 ZX6R except maybe some cosmetic stuff like they did between the '06 and '07 ZX10R .(Just hope they don't copy the silly stripes from the ZX10) They should give it the GP colour scheme!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts