Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah he got an '01 ZR750S. I personally have never seen one till this one but it seems pretty good. He started on a ninja 250 and now this. He paid $2000 for it. Good paint and plastics, needs a front tire, chain, and a carb sync but overall he got a good deal I think. I'll post pics of it when I can and post em up.
On a side note another friend of mine is going into basic training for the US Army the 31st of Oct. so I'll be babysitting his '06 Katana for him. it works for me cause then I can do the performance mods on my bike I want to do and ride his.
I also am replacing the engine on my girlfriend's YZF600R. Lost second gear. I should take pics of that...

·
Registered
240 Posts
So your friend is gonna leave the bike and the key while off to basic huh?? Ive been known to leave one without the other. Does your friend know what the US ARMY tape on the uniform stands for? Yes My Retarded Ass Signed Up.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I'm sure he doesn't. I do. I was in.. Never again. But yeah he's leaving his Can 'O Tuna with the key at my house.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Wait... your girlfriend's YZF lost second gear so you're replacing the engine? :headscratch

I think Steve would replace all the plastics too.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We got a donor bike for less than it would have cost in parts to fix second gear. So yeah I'm replacing the engine..

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
It's a lot easier to swap an engine than it is to crack a transmission and repair it too, it just sounds funny.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL yeah

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Oh I'm sure he doesn't. I do. I was in.. Never again. But yeah he's leaving his Can 'O Tuna with the key at my house.
Hmm I thought they were called a catatonic tuna, oh well . You do realise you will be riding a Suzuki don't you? :scared.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Wait... your girlfriend's YZF lost second gear so you're replacing the engine? :headscratch

I think Steve would replace all the plastics too.
Well ya. As long as the plastics are off, get new ones.
nothing worse than ol smelly plastics with a new engine.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got my Gf's bike together last night. Carbs need sync'd, suspension raised back up and a few other minor things but so far she rides great.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
What did you use to drop and support the engine and put it back in? Just so I know what to get lol. 2 jacks and blocks what I used last time.

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r, zx14)

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My rear stand, and a basic floor jack. Then some muscle and a little finesse.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Your the first girl I have heard of that works on her own stuff and that's pretty cool I need to find me a girl like you haja JK
Christi knows her shizzle......... :evil:evil

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
I guess soo:crazyloco how are you doing,are you getting ready to ride agin I haven't seem Matt on here lately
Soon, soon.

Need to see how this week goes......I'm going to go for a quick jaunt this week. I feel the need.......

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I like think I have a clue about what I'm doing.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear ya
Someday

1 - 20 of 20 Posts