Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone Ever Had This Problem. Does Anyone Know What Are The Symptoms For Smoke Out Of The Exhaust Pipe? It's Not Blue Smoke, But Rather Greyish Smoke That Smells Like Fuel! There Is Also The Occassional Fire Spitting Out When I Rev Up The Motor.

·
Registered
990 Posts
If it only does it as you're warming up the bike could be using too much choke (if you have carbs).

What bike is it & how long since it was last serviced?

If there is an air leak in the exhaust system it will spit out flames on overrun. Air leaking into the exhaust will cause unburnt fuel to burn off in the exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It Is A Kawasaki Ninja 750r! I Bought From A Friend For $200.00 Bucks Because It Needed A Gas Tank. He Said That It Had Been Sitting In His Garage For About 18 Mos. I'm Also Having A Hard Time Replacing The Two Spark Plugs That Are Located Underneath The Frame! I Bought A Spark Plug Socket From The Kawasaki Dealer And I Was Only Able Two Remove The Two Outer Plugs. The Tool Is Two Large To Fit Under The Crossbar To Be Able To Be Inserted Into Those Two Middle Holes. What Can I Do?

·
Registered
201 Posts
i had that problem with my old zx600r. take one of the plugs and go to a tool distributor. try and find a smaller socket that will fit the spark plug. once they are loose enough to turn without the socket. remove it the rest of the way with a section of flexible heater hose. good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts