Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,I have a 2001 zx-6r with 11k on it so far, i dont know if this is common or not, but my first gear has a big lag, its like either i take off slow or fast, theres no middle point. If i take off normal its real sluggish then all of a sudden it picks up speed and climbs fast. If i want to launch, the wheel has no problem getting off the ground, its just i hate that i havent found the middle point i guess. All other gears are fine its just my take off. What do you guys take off at? Is this normal? Ive changed the plugs, cleaned my filter, ran some lucas in it. Other then that grip the bike fly's and runs great. Should this concern me at all?
Thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
Nothing to be concerned about, these things weren't designed to be super fast off the line. How long have you had this bike??? There is a 'sweet spot' so to speak, and it just takes practice til you nail it every time. It's par for the course on a carb'ed bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, ive had it about 6 months. I can make it jump if i want to, its just the normal take offs are very doggish. Got another question as well. When i first start it it takes a couple seconds and tries to start if i dont give it no gas, if i give it gas as i start it it fires right up, but sometimes will die out once i let go of the gas. After its been on a min it fires right up right away and feels fine. Is that normal as well? IT has a full yoshi system, k&n and jetted. Those two things probably are not problems just things im noticing lately.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Mine is about the same 1st thing in the morning, nothing else seems wrong so I think it's just that way cuz it's carb'ed... After that it fires up no problem. It's possible you may need to clean the carbs or run some cleaner thru your tank. Check the fuel filter too, make sure it's looking alright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts