Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe all the concussions, not bike related, make me slow.
If I do slip ons, PC5, dyno and map then the map I load optimizes the bike for that temp and that humidity on that day, right?
Heck I ride in Northern VA year round. Should I be doing this??
Fill me in and is there a solution?
Also FYI. Seeing more and more articles about bike and the non EPA compliant parts that are sold, also noise.
You guys may want to keep the original parts on hand just in case.
:headscratch

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
The pcv takes the fuel injector signals intercepts them and modifies them then this new set of signals go to the actual fuel injectors. All the stock computer system and sensors remain so the computer is still calling the shots so to speak as far as air temp and vacuum , coolant temp and so on . The pcv just adds or subtracts "x" number of pulses from the stock trim . So in short you should be safe .

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone try POWRPRO Fi2000
Looks interesting

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Sounds like what DynoJet was doing with the Autotune module in the PCV two years ago.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a 1900 Raider, and the guys love the power pro for this bike. Backfiring with the PC V is common, and power pro eliminates this - plus - no need to dyno.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
The power pro is for big V-twins, not hi rpm inline 4s. I read a few of the reviews and nothing was mentioned about fuel mileage changes. i didn't read any comparisons that compared to a custom dyno tuned tuned PCV.

It only works to 95HP. What the hell does that mean?

These are pretty bold claims for the Harley V-Rod. f it sounds too good to be tru..........well,you know the rest.

With PowrPro you can say good-bye to old-school EFI "mapping mania" and O2 sensor hassles forever. When your bike accelerates, PowrPro reads the engine's performance up to 80 times per second to optimize fuel delivery at all throttle openings under acceleration, under every kind of load and under all existing environmental conditions to deliver maximum acceleration.

And no matter which components you change in the future
, whether it's a new exhaust system, a freer-flowing air filter setup or even a big-bore hop-up kit with new camshafts, PowrPro continues to analyze and tune your engine for peak performance.

I wonder why this groundbreaking technology doesn't work for sportbikes. Hmm. It works on all slow reving hi torque V-twins, but not the hi- performance Italian twins. Why is that?

I smell a marketing job done on the cruiser market.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
According to DynoJet, that technology works just fine if you add their Autotune module to the PCV.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a PCV with Autotune on a Vrod... they started with a base map setup for the mods on the bike to get the PCV close, but the Autotune does it's own thing with the fuel curves based on what it's seeing from the wide-band O2 sensors. Knock on wood I've never had a hiccup with it, no decel pops, smooth hard pull all the way to its 9000rpm redline. And the mileage went up some, but I think that's because I had a crappy system on it before...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts