Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2006 zx6r ive been looking over slip ons and its kind of a toss up. At first i wanted two brothers cause i thought they looked and sounded cool but i didnt like the $800-$1k price tag. and then a few members recommended the akrapovic and i like the look of the oval can but i looked at a few sites and some had the cool oval one as picture some had a chrome can, and another had a dual can set up. and then i seen a youtube clip of a Jardine with the carbon and dual outlet (not the chrome can) and i thought that also looked and sounded pretty awesome.

Any input?

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
2Bros would be my last choice on that list. Akra makes damn nice stuff, but if you're not getting a full system it's a lot of money for what boils down to mostly looks and sound. Personally, I'd go with CF Jardine undertail on that bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks and sound arent everything but no sense in getting one that boost hp 2 more than another but looks really dumb and sounds like silverware in a blender lol.

I've just never had to get an undertail mount exhaust before so kinda new at this. For my old 01 zx6r I got a D&D and loved it because she screamed but that bike all the slip-on/bolt ons look more or less the same minus the color but for these bikes they are all different shapes and sizes so i'm not to sure

·
Registered
63 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the Jardine RT1 dual outlet carbon. I will say this because I have one. It has a nice grunt at low rpms and doesn't get obnoxious until 9K+.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Jardine or akra. Look at motomummy.com they have a lot of good deals

·
Registered
478 Posts
Scorpion brand

I like scorpion exhaust's. I have a superstreet chrome one and it sounds awesome!

Plug and play / Easy-fit cans
Lifetime guarantee
No remapping of electronics
Damage the exhaust and get one at half MSRP
No repacking of exhaust
Complies with California Air Resources Board

Scorpion is a UK based world leading manufacturer of exhausts systems and mufflers. The innovative approach to design, use of high specification materials and state of the art manufacturing facilities ensure a truly world-class product that is guaranteed.

Life and Soul
All the people involved in the design, development and manufacturer of Scorpion products are passionate racers. Because of this they know what you, the customer, expects: great quality, great sound, great power.

Dyno Tested
Scorpion obtains new motorcycle models from their network of dealers as soon as they become available. Then it's straight into the Dyno room where they test the bike with the O.E.M. exhaust still fitted to see where improvements can be made - not just in power and torque, but also ground clearance, ease of fitment and looks. Each Scorpion exhaust is specifically designed for the particular application. Scorpion exhausts are designed to boost power, not just at peak revs, but through the RPM range, giving you greater throttle response and improved overall performance - especially in the mid-range. We run computer simulated acceleration tests so we can see how much faster the bike will be traveling over a timed burst of throttle. A scorpion equipped CBR900RR, in just 7.40 seconds, traveled 6 mph faster.

I paid $579.99 for mine. But if i had the money i would be running an akropovik full race system or a yoshi system. I saw a micron exhaust that is green and looks like shit!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
why is it that i can get a full yoshi system for 730 yet just the slip on for most brands is 500-800? THESE PRICES WERE ON THE SPORT BIKE TRACK GEAR WEBSITE

ALso i was looking for PC and one on denniskirk said its "Dynojet California A.R.B. Approved Power Commander III USB-EX" I'm assuming that just means it can be tuned for cali not that it'll always use cali standards? (I live in Wisconsin...No exhaust laws)

Also last question, other than vortex who makes a good rear set? ebay only has things from china and i'm leery about getting things internationally from there cause my buddy got screwed over on a hugger from there.

Thanks for the all the help guys

·
Registered
63 Posts
why is it that i can get a full yoshi system for 730 yet just the slip on for most brands is 500-800?

ALso i was looking for PC and one on denniskirk said its "Dynojet California A.R.B. Approved Power Commander III USB-EX" I'm assuming that just means it can be tuned for cali not that it'll always use cali standards? (I live in Wisconsin...No exhaust laws)

Also last question, other than vortex who makes a good rear set? ebay only has things from china and i'm leery about getting things internationally from there cause my buddy got screwed over on a hugger from there.

Thanks for the all the help guys

Not sure why the major price difference brother. STG does have some amazing deals at times. I assume that the PCIII can be tuned to Cali specs. You are going to want a custom map once you put an exhaust on anyway. I hear good things about the Woodcraft rearsets. I think I am going to order a set over the winter.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
I like Gilles and Sato, but I'm not sure how wrong you can really go with rearsets.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Got the Jardine on order and the vortex rearsets.

How does one do/buy the servo mod?
Search on here or eBay. A lot of guys sell the servo eliminator for 25-35$.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts