Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any other kawi bike that has a slip on that would bolt up too the zx11 stock header on either side? looking to get aftermarket duals on my 96 zx11 without having to get a full system. if there isnt any that will bolt right up does anyone know the size of the exhaust at teh end of the head pipe on both sides? i would like to make a custom dual setup if i cant find a set to slip on..

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have read you can't get slipons for a ZX11. It's either a full system or nothing. If I'm wrong & you do find something, post it. I'd be interested in checking it out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Unless you are good with a welder and piping your only option is to get a stock ZZR1200 exhaust ( bolts right on ) whose mufflers are removable and slip ons are readily available.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i may go the route of the zzr exhaust then and then get some slip ons from there.. hopefully i can find a cheap stock system off that bike.

seems like its gonna be a hassle to fab something for the stock zx exhaust if the exits are different diameter on both sides.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can you remove the baffles from our stock exhaust once the rivets are removed on the end of the can or are the baffles welded into the system?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pull the headpipes off. Cut them off at the end of the collector. Take it to a muffler shop and have a piece of stainless intermediate pipe fabed to slide over the end of the collector and ran to either side. You will have to grind down some heavy seams on the sides of the collector. Cut the end of the pipe to length and fitted to the canister.

It's a lot cheaper than a new system and you save a bunch of weight.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Or install an OEM ZZR1200 collector with your choice of slip-ons (ZZR1200 designed) pair. Straight bolt-on.
Yeppers!

Im eventually going to go with the Hole Shot slip ons.

Already have the stainless steel header....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts