Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone supply a list of the slip on pipes available for the Concours 14 (GTR1400) I know of Two Brothers, Muzzy, HoleShot, Area P.....& now Hindle with Staintune coming soon...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Chez, I've been keeping track and those are the only 4 pipe makers that I know of so far with the possible addition of Staintune.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Area P was the way for me... Kerry has the best customer service and had many years with Supertrapp and Kerker Exhausts.

I went with the carbon fiber....should be here anyday.

Jerry

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can anyone supply a list of the slip on pipes available for the Concours 14 (GTR1400) I know of Two Brothers, Muzzy, HoleShot, Area P.....
Those are the only 4 I know of. I have the Muzzy stainless and another guy in town has the Muzzy CF. We're both very pleased. In fact, I haven't heard of anyone with any of the available pipes that wasn't pleased with it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Who's running the slip on's without a PC added. And what is your verdict on performance issues?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Need For PC

No need for Power Commander with Slip Ons.:clap

·
Registered
23 Posts
Area P was the way for me... Kerry has the best customer service and had many years with Supertrapp and Kerker Exhausts.

I went with the carbon fiber....should be here anyday.

Jerry
hi Jerry, you always seem to get the best stuff and you sure steered me rightoin the wind shield, so my question today is , can you just attach the new muffler and start driving or is some programing necessary, also does it increase the horsepower and speed and does it help the mileage, and finally have you heard the sound yet ? if so can you describe that also, thanks so much,just thought of another question(boy am I a pain in the arse)at what mileage did you do your second oil change or are going to if you havent yet. thanks Jim

·
Registered
261 Posts
Jimmy,

You can replace the stock muffler and mid pipe with any of these replacements without making any changes to the bike. You will lose about 15 pounds of weight and pick up about 5hp and 5ft/lbs of torque. The stock muffler weighs a whoppin 20 pounds. You could benefit further by adding a power commander to sort of "re-jet" (old school terminology) the fuel injection to enhance power and possibly fuel mileage.

I liked the AreaP pipe, the people who make it, and their customer service. It has no company markings on it anywhere. You can order it that way.

Sound is a few 4-5 decibels louder at idle, a deep throaty tone, but at 5000rpm its the same sound reading as the stock pipe so ... not louder.. just way different sounding.

I changed my oil at 285mi ..600mi.. and at 1023mi I went to Ams-Oil synthetic motorcycle oil. I now have 6400mi and I'll change it again soon.

Hope this helps you

Jerry

·
Registered
85 Posts
Who's running the slip on's without a PC added. And what is your verdict on performance issues?
I have the Muzzy slip on and no PC added. Just dinished a 2400 mile trip with elevations from 1200 Ft to over 10,000 feet with intersate driving and redline banzai runs through the mountains. It ran perfect the whole time.

Noise level was fine. At cruise, the pipe is very subdued. WOT it comes to life and sounds fierce. I couldn't be more pleased.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Buffgunner, any problems with exhaust fumes getting sucked back up into the low pressure zone behind the windscreen?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts