Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay If money was no object you would get both right? But can I get a slip-on without having to get the p.c.? And is "slip-on" that easy to install??

·
Registered
33 Posts
If money was no object, I would do the power commander and a FULL exhaust, not just a slip-on.... granted you're still going to get good gains from a slip-on and p.c., but not near the gains if you do a full system. and yes you can get a slip-on w/out the power commander, not too hard to install if you have basic mechanic skills. Whats your riding experience?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got a slip-on for mine ('06 ZX-6R) w/o the PC. Works fine was farirly easy to put on with basic tools (not the bike tools - real tools). No noticable power gain but sounds & looks better for now. Will eventually get filter & PCIII though.

So many mods - so little money :banghead

·
Registered
131 Posts
They advise you to get the Fuel module for dead spots when you put on an exhaust. In some cases when you put just a slip on...on the bike it will obviously be more free flowing and the fuel injection doesnt adjust to it...so you will sometimes notice a "hitch" in mid range power. In other words......just to make yourself feel better I would get the fuel module with the exhaust.....and it doesnt need to be a "Power commander" there are other brands.

·
Registered
449 Posts
They advise you to get the Fuel module for dead spots when you put on an exhaust. In some cases when you put just a slip on...on the bike it will obviously be more free flowing and the fuel injection doesnt adjust to it...so you will sometimes notice a "hitch" in mid range power. In other words......just to make yourself feel better I would get the fuel module with the exhaust.....and it doesnt need to be a "Power commander" there are other brands.
Hey Dan, you should go to tech college and take a motorsports A.A.S degree. I just noticed you have an interest in this stuff. It's nice to see you younger dudes picking up wrenchs and throwing around ideas.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Dan, you should go to tech college and take a motorsports A.A.S degree. I just noticed you have an interest in this stuff. It's nice to see you younger dudes picking up wrenchs and throwing around ideas.
Yeah I originally thought about going to college for motorcycle mechanics.....but I wised up and ive been accepted to school for Buisness Administration and management. This way I have more options when Im ready to do something.....Body shop......bike shop.......who knows.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You live on the coast? marine/motorsports tech would put you in a rare class, I did some research here in MN where over a 1,000,000 boats and motors are registered and less than 100 marine techs. And thats just the hardline demographics. Not even incuding the motorsports side of the house.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You live on the coast? marine/motorsports tech would put you in a rare class, I did some research here in MN where over a 1,000,000 boats and motors are registered and less than 100 marine techs. And thats just the hardline demographics. Not even incuding the motorsports side of the house.
I pretty much want to stay in state.......and yes there are alot of boats around where I live on the coast. But everyone fixes their own shit haha. I built boats at the last job I had for awhile all wood and fiberglass. That was a pretty cool job but I had to let it go :banghead

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all very much. I can handle ripping off the old one and slipping on the new one. I am a lawyer but not helpless with a tool set:nana Thanks again i'm going akropovic by the way, i'm not a speed freak i just don't like the stock sound. no mods for over a year, this year i did fender eliminator, tail light/brake light and signals all in one, removed stock turnies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts