Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Sixty61 Gatling Bar ends

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Sev 
#1 ·
I thinking about getting the chrome windshield spikes for my black zx6r. I think these black bar end would complement them nicely

i am kinda on the fence, im just afraid it may be too much and should just get something simple looking

any opinion would greatly be appreciated.

also i just ordered a puig DB smoke wind sreen and im thinking about chrome or carbon fiber heel plates. I want to keep most of the bike black but just have a few chrome pieces to accent it and it would match the chrome stickers that came factory

See less See more
#4 ·
My only problem with anything like that is if you just bump the tip of the thing which is always going to happen no metter what, then the thing is stuffed and looks shit. I would go for a non pointed one.

Another thing that actually scares me is what if you slip and that bar end goes into your gut or leg or even jewels while your pushing the bike around. Man thats going to make a big hole

#5 ·
good point that originally was my thought but a few of my friends like ema nd are gonna get them so that kinda sold me on them. before that i was still on the fence. That and it would match the windshield spikes. What is your take on the windshield spikes yes/no?

these are the other ends i was looking at

what do you think?

#7 ·
i thought about those but then i also thought about get'n stabbed lol! the one i finally got were the hollow point bullet tips, red iodinized with ninja laser edged into them. they look hot! but brah if you want the gatlin ones i say ummmm, not so much but the pionted ones look a lot better but its all up to what u want u feel me!

#8 ·
you got a link to the ones you bought?

and yea im thinking the pointy tips may get my hurt. Originally I didnt want them but only because i want to get the windshield spikes did I consider getting them to match

#10 ·
This is not a Gixxer.

Get some functional bar ends - Throttlemeister, sliders, or heavier to damp vibration. Just my $0.02.

#11 ·
what the fack u talking bout phobo? gixxer? lol my bar ends r balanced, acctualy it got lighter:banghead i know i know but they look good u just gotta adjust to it. it all comes down to what ever spec want ya feel me?:angry :rofl :eek:hno keep riding brah! what kind you got?

#16 ·
I got the ZXR bar ends in black....compliments the bike better than spikes BUT to each his/ her own..........=)

#17 ·
yea im getting the chrome ones, my all black bike doesnt need more black

ive given up on the spikes. I emailed the owner and he said he will have to custom make them for my bike for $120 so I said nah im all set. $19 on ebay they will do

#18 ·
Received my black Throttlemeister kit today. Here is a comparison to the stock barends (these are the "heavy" version - they weigh 14oz per barend, I'd say about double the stock weight).

#21 ·
$140 is a long way towards an exhaust. I honestly don't see the point of buying a supersport and then trying to modify it into a touring bike. Though the throttlemiesters are tempting on occasion. I also don't see the point of putting spikes or chrome on them.

This isn't a tourer, it isn't a cruiser, and it's not a "chopper". And if it doesn't make the bike go faster, turn better, stop quicker, or clean up the look a little it's got no place being on the bike.

Putting spikes (or lazer etched bar ends) on it is like putting a slipper clutch on what ever OCC turns out next.

#22 ·
That is your opinion. You're welcome to it. There are some of us who spend long days in the saddle from time to time but still like to have a sportbike. My main purpose behind the Throttlemeisters is just to allow me to stretch out my right hand every once in a while. 300+ mile roundtrips to LA and back are rough when all I can do is hold on. That would be true on any bike. I had heavyweight barends on my Ninja 500, mostly to damp vibration. I could have just bought weights for my 6R but I figured I would get something functional as well.

My mod want list still has an exhaust, PCIII, better tires, better brakes, radiator guard, steering damper, hugger, and air filter on it. I may be buying a hugger next week (like I told the guy running the GB on them at Kawiforums, I'm waiting to see how much my raise is), there's a GB on Pipercross filters at Pashnit.com right now (but no one can tell me if they're reusable or not), and it sounds like now they want to have a PCIII group buy in the future.

We all choose to attack our bikes differently. I did some simple stuff, then I did levers, speedohealer, alarm, etc. Now I'm basically done with the easy stuff and it's into the more fun mods like exhaust and what not. I am really waiting to see the final kit Arrow comes out with before I make up my mind there though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.