Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I tell my best friend (a week ago) that the dealer called and told me my new C14 was on a truck, coming to the dealer. You all know how anxious you get while waiting right? I'm no different. So this evening I'm sitting at home relaxing and the phone rings. I answered on a phone with no caller ID, and am told its Sheri from my dealer (it really IS a Sheri that makes the phone calls) and that my bike had arrived. I said I was on the way, hung up, shut the oven off (in the middle of cooking dinner) grabbed my keys and was out the door. I had to turn around at this point because I realized I had left my seven year old behind, and when I got back in the phone was ringing again. It was my "friend", letting me know he didnt want me to drive all the way to the dealership before finding out someone was messing with me. Some friend huh? Help me figure out how to serve some extra cold revenge!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, we all don't like when somebody is playing with our feeling, especially in some things we're longing for...

Seems to me that Your friend just used that fact to play with Your desire for GTR, and that was succesfull! Like all people that are in love, love makes us blind, and than we're much more vulnerable, because falling in love (like You do with GTR) makes us not to hear, not to see or not to feel anything others...

Friends just exploited your condition, sure without any bad intention, and I don't mind that Your friendship should come under question mark because of that...

Smile! They didn't changed anything what is important...!!! You swallowed the hook, and there's no need for payback...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Reese,

Ya...he got you good... knew just what strings to pull to hook you... BUT he is your best friend and would know how to do that...:lol

The point that he called you right back so you wouldn't hurry down there for nothing shows even though he knew he got you.. he still couldn't do that to his best friend.

I'm sure sometime in the future, you'll see the perfect way to show him some of the same love.. :moon

Jerry

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, dont get me wrong, I burst into laughter when he told me, and still smile about it. That was the best "gotcha" anyone has pulled on me in years. He will expect me to get him back, and I thought with all the creative and verbose people that post, someone might have a really good idea. Our Army community is very small, so keeping something quiet is hard. Gonna spend a lot of time planning this one...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured it out. I am going to fake a receipt for a couple of grand, put his info on the billing line, and fax it to his office. He's a governent credit card holder. Should be lots of fun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A few years ago I put an add in the local newspaper for free goats and chickens and put my friends cell number on their he got calls for weeks asking about the free goats lol

For payback he put an ad in the newspaper for a used tombstone and put my number on it, I got all kinds of calls from people calling me a sicko to wating to know what name was on it and if it could be removed

its all in good fun though

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay. Couldnt pick one so decided to do both. There is now an ad for free pygmy goats and chickens in the local classifieds, and a four page receipt with his name and a $2300 total waiting in his fax machine. Moot point as I have had the new bike for 24 hours...

·
Registered
44 Posts
A few years ago I put an add in the local newspaper for free goats and chickens and put my friends cell number on their he got calls for weeks asking about the free goats lol

For payback he put an ad in the newspaper for a used tombstone and put my number on it, I got all kinds of calls from people calling me a sicko to wating to know what name was on it and if it could be removed

its all in good fun though
I am the casual prankster and those are GREAT ideas!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Word of advice about posting a classified in this manner. Soon after you do you might getting a call from a man with a very deep voice asking for a date, based on an ad he saw in the same website you posted your on... Round 2, coming up!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
OMG.... I'm away on a work trip sitting in the hotel lobby on my laptop and literally almost spit my drink out when I read that.

I still have tears in my eyes from laughing. Hope this keeps going... it's a great read. LOL

·
Registered
261 Posts
+1 on the tears and spittin drinks....

Dammit Reese.. can't ya give a guy recovering from surgery a day or two more to get better before you have him laughin his sore bloated guts out? <JK>

OMG... that laugh did me good!

whew

Jerry

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry Jerry, this is every day at work for me! Good thing I pay part of my own salary huh?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you think having a copy of Brokeback Mountain shipped to him at work would be good?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay. Brokeback Mountain has been shipped from Amazon.com to my good buddy, at his work address, care of his Lieutenant. Results to follow sometime around Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts