Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shred Gear ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

What kind of Safety gear do you run on the street or on road runs? I wear IIcon field armor boots and IIcon Neo-Daytona (madmaxbeondthunderdome)leather jacket w/C.E. pads, Teknic streetfighter mitts and a Nolan RoadRunner dome protector. I have never crashed in 16 years of riding(on the street) but if I do go down I want some protection.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Teknic Chicane Leather Jacket; Rocket Highside Leather Gloves; Shoei TZ-R Stratum Lid. Working on getting the boots next. Have come off at speed without gear - not a good experience. Wear your gear:rant

·
Registered
649 Posts
Icon Mainframe helmet, Shift leather jacket with pads, Alpinestar gloves.... Don't have any boots yet. Been looking around but haven't decided on anything. I wear my gear on every outting.... if it's hot out I wear a Joe Rocket mesh jacket with pads.

For God Sakes, wear the Helmet everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
JR speedmaster jacket, JR GPX gloves, Sidi race boots, Arai RX-7 tommy gun helmet. Pickin up some speedmaster pants this spring.

·
Registered
200 Posts
everytime i go out i make sure to suit up, icon super duty jacket, icon anthem pants, hjc sessions helmet, and icon super duty 2 boot. sure it takes a lil longer gettin ready but worth it i think

·
Registered
683 Posts
Shoei RF1000 brain bucket, First Gear leather jacket w/ most armor removed cuz its uncomfortable, Vanson riding gloves, Hein Geriche leather pants. I only wear the pants at the track. The vanson gloves are uncomfortable but I'm trying to get used to them cuz I know the mechanixwear gloves I wear will be worthless if I end up on the ground. Nice to hear you guys discussing your safety gear. I was reading the ZX12 section and guys were talking about riding in shorts and tank tops. I feel bad for them if they go down.
T

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shoei RF1000 brain bucket, First Gear leather jacket w/ most armor removed cuz its uncomfortable, Vanson riding gloves, Hein Geriche leather pants. I only wear the pants at the track. The vanson gloves are uncomfortable but I'm trying to get used to them cuz I know the mechanixwear gloves I wear will be worthless if I end up on the ground. Nice to hear you guys discussing your safety gear. I was reading the ZX12 section and guys were talking about riding in shorts and tank tops. I feel bad for them if they go down.
T
Sounds like a squid alert! When I see the kids do that I feel like drilling them just as a reminder, them kinda guys I can't even watch go down the road.

·
Registered
532 Posts
AGV Airtech Lid, D&D Two-piece leathers (with kneesliders, although I have never touched the tarmac with it, just guess it will give more protection, Lookwell full-race gloves and Sidi Boots.

Allways dress up full, even when hot or going for a short gentle ride.(All initial gentle rides end up in one serious ride!!)

I fully agree with Pastorrik, I get serious upset seeing guys with shorts, T-shirts, running shoes and no gloves riding around. You never know when some assh*** is going to wipe you from the road!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Two piece IXS leathers from Switzerland, Shark RSI Alien edition lid, Race tech gloves SIDI race boots. I also have a Dianese full back protector for those fast breakfast runs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have 2 piece Dainese Leathers with all the standard body armor inserts in the elbows, forearms, knees, shins, etc. and a Dainese vest with back protector and additional impact protection for ribs / organs. Shoei helmet, Held racing gloves and Alpinestar boots.

I wouldn't leave my driveway without the Helmet, gloves, boots and jacket. I wear that if just riding in town on errands etc. I'll wear the pants and vest if I'm going for a 'ride'

Having said that of course I will admit that when I had my first bike 25 years ago I used to drive it around the block a couple times to dry my hair and give it that cool wind blown look I couldn't get with a blow dryer :afro

Gives me the shivers sometimes when I think back to the risks I took back when I was young and immortal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts