Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the top of the air box off to watch the carbs. As I roll on the throttle vacuum slides go up and down quickly like more of a vibration of maybe 3-4mm. The carbs don't seem to have the jet holes in the round wall of the carb, but on the vacuum slide. I see gas come out of where the jet needle is vibrating in and out of, but not from the pin holes on the slide. My Clymer manual says Kawasaki doesn't recommend the use of carb cleaner, but use simple green and gas...?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
last i checked gas isnt supposed to come out of the slide

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope I'm not making too many posts kinda related to each other, but is it correct to use gasket forming material when putting float bowls on? I see black tar stuff that is along where the gaskets are and it seems to have gotten inside and looks like bits of it all over the place. If I clean the pieces is that enough or could it have traveled to places I can't reach?

·
Registered
847 Posts
yup they are supposed to do that, and they should all flutter at the same time! If they don't, the ones that don't aren't sealing at the top.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup they are supposed to do that, and they should all flutter at the same time! If they don't, the ones that don't aren't sealing at the top.
Awesome, thank you. Now I just need to put the stock pump back on and see if it idles better. I have a mr gasket 12s that does 4-7psi, so might not make a difference. I revs great now, but seemed to want to die at idle which is the opposite of before I cleaned the carbs, hehe. I did take out the idle jet and put a guitar string through and sprayed carb cleaner where the jet goes in and watch the cleaner come out of the 4 pin holes in the throttle body so I hope it's ok. I did that with all of them. I wonder if I'll have to adjust the air/fuel mixture. The guy who cleaned them took of the covers and adjusted them so maybe it's way to rich but that shouldn't be so rich that it can't idle, but I don't know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts