Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for me to decide (soon, like in this week) if to change over my 1986 Kawasaki GPZ 900 to LED or stay with filament bulbs.

I suppose the lower current draw of LEDs are better for the charging system?

On the headlight issue I value depth of projection over everything. Since LED headlights are blinding to others when aimed closer to horizonal I wonder if sticking with a good filament bulb is a better option for all concerned?

Also is anyone here running auxillary driving lights on a sport bike? Pics and recommendations appreciated. I ride fast and want the best vision possible.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your charging system won't care what the bulbs draw. It produces more than the bike needs. Your R/R is there in part to convert the excess into heat (hence the cooling fins).

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Changed over to red LEDS 4-5 years ago. Great mod

Reactions: Old-n-fast

·
Premium Member
13,166 Posts
Turn signals may require an LED-specific flasher.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Turn signals may require an LED-specific flasher.

I needed one for my 64 dart when I switched over, but not for my ZX-11. Put the bulbs in and off I went.... with that being said my TS bulbs in the fairing were still old school. Meter TS indicator bulbs were LED

·
Premium Member
13,166 Posts
I swapped out the signal bulbs for LED's on the ZX-14 and I had to add an LED-friendly flasher unit. BTW, the LED-friendly flasher would still be compatible should you need to switch back to incandescent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts