Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Add says: 01zx6r wit 24k miles on it forsale it has the following blue levers blue footpegs front n bak tinted windscreen new headlights led taillight with blinkers in taillight n blinkers by rear seat. Also has full race exhaust n brake system race suspenion new bak tire wit 250 miles on it

This will be my first 600, im upgrading from a ninja 250 and I would like to know what you guys think and if i should make an offer what should it be considering the bike is in good running condition. It needs new fairings and I would imagine the carb needs to be cleaned.

Thanks in advance!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I don't have any experience with that year 6 but someone should chime in

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Welcome and I agree with Nal, it looks like it's been rocked up pretty good. I don't know what your price range is or where in NY you are but I know you can find better bikes, especially 6s, for decent prices around my area

·
Registered
729 Posts
Am I missing something -- your description says it is eleven (11) years old, has only 600cc, has been dropped on both sides, and you want to pay more than $1,000.00 for it?

Maybe my mindset needs to be adjusted to match the times we live in, but it doesn't sound like a very good deal to me. What's the new rule of thumb -- how many dollars per cc for what period of time?

·
Registered
328 Posts
IMO its garbage. You will have to drop 2 grand in it to make it even a decent bike.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
why would you even spend more money?, it looks like it only needs the right side, and nose fairings to be complete, it's a good buy if you get it for 1200 or less, no need to spend more to make it pretty just take it for what it is, a decent toy for commuting and getting some experience in something with more power than a 250, but ike I said just make sure it gets inspected before you jump on it

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Am I missing something -- your description says it is eleven (11) years old, has only 600cc, has been dropped on both sides, and you want to pay more than $1,000.00 for it?

Maybe my mindset needs to be adjusted to match the times we live in, but it doesn't sound like a very good deal to me. What's the new rule of thumb -- how many dollars per cc for what period of time?
I just looked it up and it's worth about $2.2k low retail as per NADA, but it needs a coupe things, so my $1.2 guesstimate from this morning when I was barely awake seems fair :dunno

·
Registered
383 Posts
These guys are right, I wouldnt spend more than a G for this junk. I think you should keep your 250 till you find a better ride or keep the 250 till you save up more money and find a better ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why would you even spend more money?, it looks like it only needs the right side, and nose fairings to be complete, it's a good buy if you get it for 1200 or less, no need to spend more to make it pretty just take it for what it is, a decent toy for commuting and getting some experience in something with more power than a 250, but ike I said just make sure it gets inspected before you jump on it
thats exactly what i was thinking, i just want something for a little more power and something i won't feel terrible about if i dump it.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
So thats the J2 model. The Blue fairing from Kawy is a pitifull $218 w/o decals.... and prolly CHEAPER from East Toledo Kawasaki.....

F the body work... check the overall mechanicals. If the engine is solid and the guy isnt a douche about mainteniance and didnt abuse the thing, it could be worth $2k+......

but then again.......:rolleyes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts