Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is my first bike it's a 99 zx7r I have it at my buddies house and the other day I decided to run it around the block a couple times so I roled it down the driveway started it up to let it warm up dismounted the bike and walked up the driveway to grab my helmet as soon as I grabed my helmet off the truck I hear a clunk turnaround to see my bike trying to roll down the drive way with out me lol luckily the farings were off it But it crashed to the ground broke my clutch lever I was already thinking about doing replacement levers so now I have a reason . So my questions are are shorty levers worth having what are the advantages disadvantages and where should I buy from
And the other thing is does any body know y my bike ghost rode it's self down the driveway It did kick I'n to gear but y or am I just a dum ass for leavin the bike unattended idling

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks like there have been some issues with these. Might be worth reading all the posts so you know about some of the possible problems. That being said I'll pick some up myself.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I have a set on the way. Will have info in my thread just like I do for the plastics.

·
Administrator
58,569 Posts
Looks like there have been some issues with these. Might be worth reading all the posts so you know about some of the possible problems. That being said I'll pick some up myself.
Only issue I know of is the hole where the clutch pin fits in, isn't drilled deep enough. Same thing can be corrected by sanded the "stop" for the lever. I did a little of both and the levers are fine. It's also shown in that thread how to correct it on the 14's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts